Multiple bomebox-net streams?

Hi,

I noticed that multiple midi streams are now supported in Bome network and BomeBox.
So, is it possible to have multiple BomeBox - Net ports / streams from a single BomeBox too?

I mean, I see that it’s possible to have BomeBox receive directly from devices connected to Mac running Bome Network (+unlimited named ports), but can I translate inside BomeBox and send back to that same device connected to my Mac while keeping this midi separated from “BomeBox-Net” midi stream?

That would require the ability to create virtual ports / streams in BomeBox too, right? But I could’t find any info on this. I will purchase unlimited named ports if it enables this feature.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Virtual Ports or Remote MIDI ports are not yet supported on BomeBox but are planned for a future release.

To get a message to a specific DAW port on a computer from your BomeBox, you would likely need to encode the message as a Sys-EX on the BomeBox side (using MT Pro Project), send it to the computer network port (shared) and then on the computer decode the Sys-EX (again using MT Pro) to redirect it to the desired port on the computer.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Glad to hear that it’s planned.

-J