Multiple Instances of BCR2000 showing up

Total Newbie here. Using Pro version. I have a Behringer BCR2000 controller, among others. trying to do a Keystroke emulation. My question is in Midi in and Midi out I see three instances of the BCR. bcr2000, bcr2000 (1) and bcr2000 (2). I want to know what this means and how to fix it. the three instances also show up in Ableton’s preferences. I have midi ox but do not know what I am doing there! Want to learn but am baffled at this point. thanks so much!!!

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

You would have to look at the BCR2000 manual.

My guess is the first instance is the main controller. The second and or third would likely be to control alternate functions such as attached external MIDI device connected to your BCR2000 controller.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Here is the manual.

You should probably put it in USB Mode 1.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thank you so much Steve! Yes U1 eliminated the other ports I assume Makes perfect sense now duh!1
Trying to get my default ports figured out but I am diligently reading the manual.
Working on keystroke to midi. It seemed easier in the classic version but I am working on it.
Thanks again mate!

You are welcome. For keystrokes, like classic the original keystrokes are not suppressed so I always recommend using something that is not used within the operating system or applications themselves.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care