Multiple MidMix with LED Feedback from Ableton Live

Hello,

i also bought three Midimix for my current LiveSet. I´ve tried to use your bmpt file but didn´t got my Midimix Led Feedback to work. What am I doing wrong? I´ve changed all my my Midimix to midi channel 4 in the Settings, is there maybe the problem?
Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

You should set your MIDIMix to the default mappings which I believe are channel 1.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve,

thank you for the fast reply. If i change it to Ch1 it will send led feedback, but only if I use the exact default note. Is there any possibility to get a led feedback with a different channel and different note. Because i have an APC key25 that is also on channel 1 and has the same notes. Also I use 3 Midimix and need to map the buttons to different notes.
Thanks!

Hi,

Since this subject is somewhat more advanced then the original subject, I moved it to a new thread.

I’m assuming that you don’t want to use Ableton Live MIDI Remote Scripts and that you are manually learning different buttons and knobs in Ableton Live. If this is not the case, then you should just go with the MIDI Remote Scripts Ableton supplies and the default behavior it provides.

If you are doing manual mapping you should set your first MIDI MIX to CH2 the second one to CH3 and the third to CH4. I’m assuming the APC Key25 is not using any of these channels. You would use the MIDIMix editor to reprogram each MIDIMIX. The all of the MIDI controls should be unique.

An alternative would be to keep all of your MIDIMixes MIDI CH1 (the default) and then do channel Mapping with Bome MIDI Translator to convert channels.

The attached project file demonstrates this technique. In all cases the MIDIMIX controllers themselves are on MIDI CH1 but we map them to CH2, 3, and 4 for sending to the application. Then when receiving from the application, we use the channel number to determine routing to the correct MIDIMIX. Each translator in preset 3 has a different MIDI routing and only sends to the correct MIDI MIX when the incoming channel maps.

For more information about device selection, see this tutorial.

We also do a note-off conversion format for LEDs. CC messages are channel mapped only.

Here are the aliases I set up. You will have to set them up for your own devices. I only have one MIDIMIX so I sent to other controllers.

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

3-MIDIMIX-Channel-Map.bmtp (2.7 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve,

thank you for your fast reply and help.
I’m able to change the midi channel inside of bome so that Ableton recognizes a different channel.
I also get an Led Feedback but I get it not on the same midimix. So for example if i press button 1 on the Midimix 1 button 1 on the midimix 2 will light up. Do you have any solution for this problem?
Also on one of the midimix I only get a short send if I map it to a parameter in Ableton for example channel 1 on it will only do it for some milliseconds and then turn it off.
Thank you so much for your help.

Found a solution, i had to change the midi out Ports in the Application to Midi LED feedback preset.

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi, I’m glad you figured it out. You are now the new expert! :wink:

Steve