Mute MIDI notes when bomebox receives CC7 value 0

Hello,

I’m trying to make the bomebox block midi notes passing through, when it receives midi CC7 with value 0, and to unblock when not 0. Right now I made one translator per midi channel that sets CC7 to a global variable, and then another translator per midi channel that passes midi notes through, but with the rule:“if ga==0 then exit rules, skip Outgoing Action” (for channel 1). And I did the same for note off messages. This did mute all midi notes on the channels, but it doesn’t seem to unmute when “ga” does not equal 0. Pretty sure I’m missing something basic. Any suggestions would be very welcome!
Best,
Jacco

Hi,

Try the below.

I have a MIDI thru path set up which allows all MIDI messages through by default.

I have a translator that takes input of CC7 and sets the global variable ga to 0 if value is 0 and 1 if the value is greater than 0. I turn swallow off so the CC’s still get through the default MIDI thru route.

Then I have two translators. One for note-on and the other for note off. Both translators have an outgoing action of none and swallow set.

Then a single rule in each of the note messages,.

if ga>0 then exit rules, skip Outgoing Action

So if ga >0 then the translator is bypassed allowing the note message to flow through the default route. However if ga==0 then the translator fires with it’s outgoing action of none, and since swallow is set, nothing goes out.

Block-Unblock-Notes-2021-09-11.bmtp (1.5 KB)

Good luck!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz