nanokontrol2 - Midi CC to Program Change, Up/Down ? is possible ?

Hi everyone,

I want use a Korg nanoKontrol2 's maker function to send Program Change and Up/Down messages to a Kontakt Multi Bank.

I’d like one button (in my nanokontrol is set to CC 119) to send UP, and another button to send DOWN (in my nanokontrol is set to CC118). This would let me scroll through my presets.

How to set this in Bome?

Thanks for your help!

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

I’m not exactly sure how Kontakt works, however you can assign CC in to program change out. I would need to know the MIDI that is required to select a given instrument within a rack in Kontakt. I looked it up but couldn’t find reference on how to select presets/instruments with MIDI. I have Kontakt 5 player.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank for your reply !

Below is a description of the bank function in Kontakt:

As shown in the image,
when Program change = 1, the first preset in this bank will be selected (in this screenshot example, “F9 OR 12 bit sax” will be selected).

When Program change = 2, the second preset in this bank will be selected (in this screenshot example, “F9 OR basement sax” will be selected).

And so on, when Program change = 23, the 23rd preset in this bank will be selected (in this screenshot example, “F9 last rhythm flute” will be selected).

Now, what I want to do is this:

the default will be the first preset, and I want to use the Marker ( < > ) buttons on Nanokontrol2 to select the next preset when I press the “>” button (I have defined “>” as CC119 here), and to select the previous preset when I press the “<” button (I have defined “<” as CC118 here).

I want to use Bome MIDI Translator Pro to achieve this function.

Hi,

The following should work for you. It has 5 translators. And we use 2 global variables. The variable “ga” is the current program number and “gb” is the highest program number you want to use.
The first and second translators both trigger a timer “Init” which in the rules will initialize the global variables. The first translator does it on computer keystroke Control-Up. The second one triggers when you open the project. The third translator input is the “Init” timer and simply sets these two variables. It is important to note that you should set the value of “gb” to the highest PC you want to use.

The 4th and 5th translators handle the incoming CC messages. Within the rules, they either increment or decrement the value of “ga” and on output send a PC with that value. There is an additional rule to make the PC wrap when it reaches the highest or lowest value that you want.

Translator 0.3 handles the decrement (Down) and translator 0.4 handles the increment (Up).

As always I set up aliases so that it is easy to re-assign controllers if there are on a different platform. I have them set as shown below.

I was actually able to test this with Kontakt Player 5.

CC-to-PC.bmtp (1.7 KB)

Let me know how it goes.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz