After getting everything working (See ‘No Midi Since Bome Network Mac Update-10-13-23’), I bought a new Asus RT-AX86U Pro Router as a necessary upgrade for my outdated Asus RT-56U, but used the same settings configuration after installing Merlin, to make the upgrade as seamless as possible & I ensured my Bome Midi networked setup was working beforehand.
However, when I booted up the music setup after all the proper Non-Midi tweaking, the Bome Midi network connection didn’t work as before. Why? Except having the new router, everything else is unchanged, (except a Reaper update), so what do I need to do regarding Bome (Reset?) to fix this?
After all of the extra time I spent to get the Windows-Reaper/Macbook Pro-Logic setup working, I was ready to compose, & I don’t want to deal with anymore delays, would appreciate any advice here. Thanks!
Sorry this took a few days to update, but as I suspected the new Asus Router initially caused the issue.
After reinstalling Bome w unlimited ports on both computers, & resetting Logic Pro X, even with the newly available ports in the main Logic Preferences, when I open the saved project, it reads that the external channel port is missing, but it can’t see the fresh one to re-add it for the 2 tracks I originally assigned it to, & I didn’t change the port name. Unless you have some quick advice here, looks like I’ll have to recreate the project settings as well, which will delay my work even more.
I’m doing a 2 track piano part for my composing partner’s song, which is why I’ve been trying to get things working for months & he’s exercised a great deal of patience with it being his new album’sfinal a song. But at this point he’s now at post & is considering replacing the part as he’s mixing.
I let him down a few years back when I promised him an arrangement for a song but dealt with tech issues, & I don’t want to let him down again with only a small piano part I’ve already written in my head.
Did you use aliases in your project file? That is the quickest way to avoid this issue. I assume you are using Bome MIDI Translator Pro as a project. Primarily for this reason, I always use aliases in my projects.
No, I’m not using Bome MIDI Translator Pro at all, just the Bome Network & Unlimited Midi Ports.
In any case, I simply did a Macrium Reflect Win. 10 Restore from a backup I did prior to upgrading the Asus Router & that did the trick, the mssing ports came back on both sides- but no time to take a sigh, I need to get composing before Christmas!
OK, here is what I do periodically. I’ve asked for an enhancement so that I don’t have to do it manually.
I take the Bome Network file on my windows PC and make a copy and give it date. That way if for some reason, the file gets messed up (usually by me). I can always get to a known working state.
On Windows goto %APPDATA%\BOME\BomeNetwork.bmts.
Make a copy. I give my copy a name like BomeNetwork-2023-12-07.bmts.
I’ve had a few occasions that this save me. Especially if you have a lot of virtual ports and complex routing.
The setting file locations for all platform are show in this post.
There are automatic backups made there periodically but as I said sometimes the automated backups get overridden so I make my own.
This is why things probably worked for you when restoring from Macrium Reflect.
My request was to have a way to make a backup (with the name of your choosing) from within the Bome Network Tool instead of relying on File Manager (Windows) or Finder (Mac). I’m not sure the status of the request. Florian might have a better idea on how to do this.
Bome Customer Care
Also available for paid consulting services: email@example.com