Numb Screen Saver

You know how many times I’m playing on my keyboard and it just quits because the Windows 10 screen saver activated, which kills all MIDI and audio.

So is there a way to suspend a Windows 10 screen saver while MTP is running?
Or ideally, make MIDI activity reset the screen saver timer? (Just like using peripherals; the screen saver won’t activate until no input detected for the set amount of time).

Best to turn the screensaver timeout so that it is never invoked.

Otherwise, maybe you can set up a timer to send an unused keystroke at regular intervals.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Yup, the timer send keystroke will do the trick.
Thanks Steve, you’re awesome.

EDIT: For a ten minute screen saver, setting the timer to repeat every nine minutes is five hundred forty thousand milliseconds, which is kind of weird.
Also, if I’m busy elsewhere on the computer, I will be getting a random keystroke pop up every nine minutes. Maybe suspending MTP will stop that, but I will always have to remember that. Wish there was a ‘auto-suspend MTP by program focus’ type of feature. Or ‘have MTP processing enabled only while a certain program is focused’.

There is a trigger called “Application Focus” that you can use. You can have it trigger to start the timer. When the Application is Deactivated, you scan have an outgoing message to stop the timer.

This is a new feature of MT Pro 1.9

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Perfect. That will do nicely, thank you.