Onscreen Text Overlay

Hi there!
it would be make lots of controllers more usable without button labeling,
if there would be a possibillity to blend in a text overlay on the screen / on top of all windows. for an encoder, for example only when you are touching it, it shows the percentage / status with name as e little text overlay. sth. like in the jpg!
is that somehow possible? some script?
cheers

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-05 um 19.05.502|690x431

Hi,

Not possible with Bome MIDI Translator Pro, however you might find some Windows or Mac GUI tools that would do this for you. I’ve done some work with AutoHotKey on Windows. The application would need to intercept the MIDI message and then send Window or tooltip messages to the target application to pop-up an on screen display.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hey Steve!
nice, I found the software geektool that can display on-screen text based on a shell/terminal command:
https://www.tynsoe.org/geektool/documentation/

do you have a hint how to use that? create with MTP a apple script output to save variables somewhere with the controller Number and value?
greetings, henrik

or maybe create a virtual iac-midi device and then save the variables as midi values, and then use a shell command in geektool to read the info?

It looks like it may have possibilities, however is beyond the scope of free support on this forum.

I think the usages model would be to send keystrokes to the geektool inspector application when a given MIDI signal is received.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

hey steve!

thanks a lot, thats sounds good! i’ll keep the thread updated!
cheers henrik