Open a bomes midi transistor pro 1.8.2 project file on a 1.8.4 version

Hi,

How can I open a bomes midi transistor pro 1.8.2 project file on a 1.8.4 version?

Hi and welcome to the Bome Forum!

Just open it in 1.8.4 and it should work. If not, post the project file and I will check it out.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks I will post the files I was able to download from my other computer before it fried on me…

I try its a .bmts file and a .tst file but says I cannot upload it weird…

Project files are .bmtp not .bmts (which are settings files). You need to open a .bmtp

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

This is what exported from preferences of 1.8.2 comes midi translator pro weird.

Exporting can save as text (txt) or .bmts only. For .bmtp you need to just save it. A text file cannot be read by MT Pro. Only by humans. A .bmts file only save settings (like aliases and such) but nothing to do with a project.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

maybe I exported wrong I have a text file how do I open it in 1.8.4?

has a list of the rules I created before and worked great

Text files cannot be opened in MT Pro, however you can read the text files and cut and paste the various parts into a new MT Pro .bmtp file.

cool is there a special way or format just copy paste it and where do I paste to. Thanks sorry for all noob questions…

You will need to manually create translators based on the text file (opened in a text editor). If it is a large file, it may take some time.

The rules of a given translator would then be copied and pasted into the rules section of the translator in MT Pro.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thanks Steve I will try to do this I think I understand… Appreciate your help!

I have a question:

Do I paste this in the rules section of each translator?

Alo this is what is in the text file but many of them do I paste all of this info or just part of it?

sample:

[x] Translator 0.0: New Translator
Options: swallow
Incoming: Note On on ch. 12 with note:38 (0x26) and any velocity
Outgoing: Physical Keys: Shift(Tab)

Hi,
Not all translators have rules. If the translator has rules, paste those rules into that translator only.

The example you show does not have any rules so you just need to create translators with the input, output and options as shown in the text file. You probably will not be able to use copy/paste, yet will need to manually create each translator.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care