Open two project simultaneously

hi… i got issue again. I had two project. each of them had different midi controller source. but one project had midi router on it.
i have to run these project at a same time. i had set different serial port for each project (which become preset, since i dont know how to create more than one project in a single bmtp yet). the issue is that midibrouter setting is also applied to other preset which had different source, so there is unwanted rules action everytime it starts… how can i fix it, plz? thanks

Hi,

I’d have to look at the two projects to make a recommendation.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

sorry for late respon. but i dont have the original project file. just the last one that combined from the original… it has a crosstalk i use 2 midi output port in one file bmtp.
i just realize that bome can be run more than one instance…but i still have to set two virtual midi ports right? since they had different midi controller. and different plugin to control to…
FULL BAND PRESET-BASIC.bmtp (6.1 KB)

Hi,
You can indeed open more than one instance of Bome MIDI Translator Pro if you enable it in the options. In general, however it is better practice if you can use only one project file.

I noticed you have some default thru paths set. Anything that a translator does not handle with swallow, will go through these default thru paths. Is the the nature of your crosstalk? If not, can you elaborate? Also see this tutorial on how to manage routing for specific devices.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

okay steve… i hust corrected my preset output port that missleading… gyes tgat was the root cause of my crostalk… now i got them aliased already.
but i still courious bout ur statement that is better to hav a single project. can u plz tell mme why? thanks again Sir

Using multiple project files just adds more complexity if they are related and you really can’t pass MIDI between them using Bome Virtual Ports as well.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care