Out DATA stuck on "Router Out" not MIDI out

Hi,
I Just got my Novation Launch control XL MKii to use with GrandMA2 onPC.
I am following one of your online tutorial video, yet I am not getting “OUT GOING” in the process of your tutorial video 1:44. (Tutorial: Using Bome MIDI Translator Pro with GrandMA 2 for Lighting - YouTube)
Of course on MA2 side, I see some data comes in, yet Fader is not reacting after I follow all the process you guided on the same video.

Please let me know if I am missing something.
Thank you so much !

azm

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Hi, if you are not getting output from Bome MIDI Translator, then it is possible you did not define the incoming trigger correctly.

If you open the log window and check MIDI IN and Incoming and see incoming but no MIDI IN in then you did not properly define the incoming MIDI message.

I modified the tutorial template to work with your Launch Control XL in Factory 1 setting. Here is what the log shows.

1: MIDI IN [Launch Control XL 1]: B8 4D 3D
2: IN   0.0  Control Change on ch. 9 with CC#:77 (0x4D) and any value set 'pp' to value=61
3: MIDI OUT [Bome MIDI Translator 1 Virtual Out]: 90 3C 3D
4: OUT  0.0  Note On on ch. 1 with note:60 (0x3C) and velocity:pp=61
5: MIDI IN [Launch Control XL 1]: B8 4D 3C
6: IN   0.0  Control Change on ch. 9 with CC#:77 (0x4D) and any value set 'pp' to value=60
7: MIDI OUT [Bome MIDI Translator 1 Virtual Out]: 90 3C 3C
8: OUT  0.0  Note On on ch. 1 with note:60 (0x3C) and velocity:pp=60
9: MIDI IN [Launch Control XL 1]: B8 4D 3B
10: IN   0.0  Control Change on ch. 9 with CC#:77 (0x4D) and any value set 'pp' to value=59
11: MIDI OUT [Bome MIDI Translator 1 Virtual Out]: 90 3C 3B
12: OUT  0.0  Note On on ch. 1 with note:60 (0x3C) and velocity:pp=59

And the project file is attached:

LaunchControlXL-Fader-to-GMA2.bmtp (975 Bytes)

Maybe if you show me your screen shot, I can help you more.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you so much Steve.
I was able to build my first controller from your sample !!

Today suddenly stop responding on MA side, and I checked Bome app, somehow most of buttons (4 buttons are somehow still can Midi out) are stuck again ‘Router out’ . Ma2 side lost all the connection. I can’t even see midi message is coming on MA side. I was changing around USB Hubs then it happened. Would be great if you could explain me more about this issue since I got stuck again unfortunately.

I am going to send you again my file here.
It would be great to know what to do and what not do while Bome is on for future, it will be a great opportunity to learn from you.

Thank you again !

LaunchControlXL-BOME-to-GMA2 FCKED.bmtp (19.6 KB)

More than likely there is another application on your PC that has taken over you Bome MIDI Translator port that you were using in GrandMA2. On Windows, only one application can open a MIDI port at a given time.

The other possibility is perhaps you changed LCXL templates and are not sending the right MIDI messages. It looks like this should be set for the factory 1 template.
The knobs and faders look right.

The buttons, however do not look like they are set for the factory 1 template as what they are sending is different than one the translators show. This means the buttons are going to go through the MIDI path you set and not going to be handled by the translators. You can tell this by checking MIDI in and Incoming. If you see MIDI in with but no incoming it means the translators input triggers are wrong.

Here is how my aliases are set up. I have not programmed GrandMA2 for any of these messages, however.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz