Outgoing Channels

Greetings,

I have set up Bome as the interface between my controllers and LoopB pipes, and between the virtual pipes and my system. So far so good.

I have also set up aftertouch to activate CC 3. I have a question. How do I go about selecting some or all channels to convert aftertouch to CC 3? Incoming allows the selection of all channels. Outgoing only allows a single channel from the dropdown menu or there's a box underneath. I can type a channel in, but I have no idea how to type in multiple channels. I tried commas, hyphens, etc. I have attached a screenshot of the outgoing channel selection options.

I've cloned the first translator and am converting aftertouch on the two most important channels, but that's just a workaround.

I was also thinking about setting up a rule, but again, how do you type in multiple channels and attach that to a variable? What I want is to have aftertouch from the controller (DMC-122), converted to CC 3 on all virtual ports and all channels. Here's the details so far:

Incoming:

-dropdowns are set to MIDI Message and Channel Pressure

-port is the physical DMC-122 controller

-channel is set to any channel

-pressure is set to any pressure

-set variable to pressure is checked and qq is selected from dropdown

Outgoing:

-dropdowns are set to MIDI Message and Control Change

-for channel there is no option for any, so created 2 translators and set one to ch 2 and the other to ch 3

-would like to know how select multiple channels outgoing. I'm sure it's simple. I just can't get it

-CC # is set to 3

-value is set to qq (I assume that's a built in variable?)

-outgoing ports are virtual 1 to 16 (all of those ports are fed by the DMC-122)

Would like to get by with one translator if possible. Otherwise I will have to create 14 more translators to get aftertouch converted to CC 3 on all ports.

You've been great so far, and I really do appreciate your help. By the way, I did look through the manual, but there were only 5 references to channel and none of those helped me out.

Graham

Attachments:
![](upload://mhJYqATOEG0DQB5zK7cxf2YsUom.jpeg)

Hi, you can either

1) Duplicate the translator for different outgoing channels as you did.

or

2) Use Raw MIDI for outgoing in a single translator. The below will send channel aftertouch to all MIDI channels.

D0 qq D1 qq D2 qq D3 qq D4 qq D5 qq d6 qq D7 qq D8 qq D9 qq DA qq DB qq DC qq DE qq DF qq

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks Steve,

That D0 qq… DF qq, just to make sure I understand; that sends the specified message (CC 3) over all channels to the output ports specified?

Can I adsume that D0, D1, etc; refer to MIDI channels and that qq is the variable representing, in this case, CC3? If that is true, can I use this format for other messages; say transform pitch bend to mod wheel over channels 1 to 8?

Your support is very much appreciated.

Whoops, no that sends channel pressure. For CC3 it would be

B0 03 qq B1 03 qq ... and so on through BF 03 qq

Steve

Whoops, no that sends channel pressure. For CC3 it would be

B0 03 qq B1 03 qq ... and so on through BF 03 qq

Steve

Thanks Steve,

Could I recap? The way it's set up: input captures channel pressure data from DMC-122 on all channels and sends it to output where it is converted to CC3 and transmitted to to the specified ports, on the channels represented by B0 03, etc?

What does B0 03 qq represent? Is qq a variable or a constant? More important, is there a a reference so that I can create my own routines?

Thanks,

Graham

B0 03 qq

The B in B0 represents a control change

The 0 in B0 represents MIDI Channel 1 (0-F = MIDI CH 1 - 16)

The 03 is the CC number

The local variable we captured from the input and are passing through the output.

The below link from MIDI.org is a summary of the most common MIDI messages.

https://www.midi.org/specifications-old/item/table-1-summary-of-midi-message

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thanks!

Hey Steve,

B0 03 qq ... BF 03 qq didn't do it. I even tried doing the incoming with D0, etc. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I must admit I expected to be able to select none, some or all channels. This is not criticism. Just curiousity.

So right now I have the DMC-122 as input. Incoming channel is 2. Channel pressure is selected. qq is the variable. Pressure is any pressure. Swallow is selected.

Output is Control Change with same channel (2) as input. Output is CC 3. The value is qq. That data is sent to all (16) of the virtual channels.

This is duplicated for channel 3.

I know we've been around the block already on this one. But I must be missing something here. I just want to be able to convert  channel pressure data coming in from my DMC-122 to CC3 and transmit that to all channels in my 16 virtual ports.

If it means setting up 14 more translators, so be it. Just find that a bit unproductive. I must say though that your help so far has gotten me up and running.

Try that attached. I'm sending to all MIDI Channels.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Attachments:
1594590002206_Aftertouch-to-CC.bmtp

Hey Steve,

That looks like it did it.

About the dropdown list with letters: pp, qq, oo, etc. Are they variables? Or do they have to be used in specific cases; ln other words, can pp be anything?

Hi,

Please press F1 from MT Pro to open the manual. It describes in detail the variable types and how they are used.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care