Outgoing - entering a really long set of keystrokes question

I need to do an outgoing command that’s like this:

Outgoing: Physical Keys: Command© [ Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down Delete Down [ Command(V),

It is very difficult to enter this into the box as the delete is a special key, and also the box doesn’t scroll or expand. I was wondering if it’s either possible to import a text file that you’ve exported (and edited) or if you can actually copy-paste into the outgoing field somehow without it thinking you’re asking it to capture command v keystroke?

Thank you.

Hi and welcome!

This can be done with a repeating timer. Should I assume each keystroke is a key down and key up with the exception of the last Command(v) which would be command-down, v-down,v-up, command-up?

You would first send the repeated keystrokes in one translator, the desired delete keystrokes with a delay interval one by one counting down. When the counter reaches 0 then you would send the final key sequence.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I’m not super clear on how this would work.

I start with Control© then “[”

Next I want to repeat “Delete Down-Arrow” x 25

And then end with “[” then Control(V)

Is it possible to use one translator to trigger another, or a sequence of translators? If I did each of these separately and then trigger them via 1 midi command?

Thank you.

It would help if I investigated the manual… I set up 4 translators on the same midi trigger.

Translator 1: Command© [
Translator 2: Delete Down
Translator 3: Timer with a multi repeat x25
Translator 4: [ Command(V)

Works great!

Something like this should work. You may need to adjust the delay between keystrokes, however.

The first and second translators are triggered by incoming Note-on Note 16 on MIDI CH 1. The first translator sends the first key stroke.
The second translator starts a timer 25 times with an initial delay and repeat delay of 10ms.
The third translator handles sending the Delete Down Sequences and counts down the global variable gc.
The last translator only fires at the end when gc=0 and then sends the final key sequence.

I use the global variable zz for debugging on verions 1.8.5 or later only (which is in Beta). I set it to 0 in the first translator and it will be in normal mode.

You application must have focus to receive these keystrokes.

Long Key Sequence-2021-01-27.bmtp (1.7 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thank you very much! This was super helpful and I figured it out using your example.

Thank you!!

I’m happy to help!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like