Outgoing: Mousewheel & Keystroke combined

Hi,

Could you help me how can i send outgoing “Alt + Mousewheel down” and “Alt + Mousewheel up” message with my numpad - and + buttons?
I need it for Ableton piano roll zoom.

Hi, in general it is probably not a good idea to have translators with both incoming and outgoing keystrokes as the incoming keystrokes are not suppressed and can interfere with the outgoing keystrokes.

With that said, the following is a demonstration on how this might work. It this example, I set the global variable zz to 1 so that all outgoing keystrokes are suppressed but you can still see things happening in the log window. If you want to test the outgoing actions (and whether it messes up your system), replace “zz=1” with “zz=0” in the first rule of your first translator. Keep in mind, your system may be unstable after this so consider yourself forwarned.

If you are on Windows platform a better choice for doing this might be AutoHotkey. On Mac, perhaps Keyboard Maestro would be better.

Keymouse-2022-10-12.bmtp (1.3 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks for the tip Steve. Unfortunately it doesnt work somehow. But i will do it by AHK, good idea.

Yes, my thought is the original keystrokes are interfering with the outgoing keystrokes. AHK is the way to go if you are also using incoming keystrokes, Otherwise we could do it with incoming MIDI and that would not interfere.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz