Perform VK harmonizer not receiving midi notes when Bome MT installed

My VK harmonizer is not receiving midi notes data to set my voice in harmony with the chords I play. However, when I reboot without MT installed the midi works as expected. I have a very simple setup using rtpMidi sending wireless data through to my PC. Why would MT prevent data from my controller getting through? I have a screen shot but not sure how to upload. Any help much appreciated.

Hi, it would be helpful if you uploaded your project file so I could take a look.

This button is used for that which is in the toolbar above the message window.

With that said, most of the time when using bome MIDI Translator Pro, you are redirecti input from one device into a different port.

Incoming Device → Bome MIDI Translator Pro → Bome MIDI Translator Virtual 1 Out → VK Harmonizer

This is usually necessary because on Window PC only one device can access a given MIDI port at a time. In most cases are also using Bome MIDI Translator as a Merge or Split device and also adding translators to change the MIDI messages.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

PERFORM PROGRAM CHANGE.bmtp (708 Bytes)
File uploaded.

File uploaded.
PERFORM PROGRAM CHANGE.bmtp (708 Bytes)

Hi @alan.karyl ,

Everything looks OK,

Just make sure that your Peform-VK MIDI Out alias is pointing to your VK Harmonizer. If it isn’t working, then enable the log Window and see if you are getting any input from your RTP-MIDI port. In the log window, check “MIDI IN” and “MIDI OUT” as shown below so that you can see what is happening. Then send data to your incoming RTP-MIDI Port.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Sorry to say but I’m finding BomeMT one of the most confusing programs to use I’ve ever tried get my head around. Sorry also but I got no midi response in the event window.

“Incoming Device → Bome MIDI Translator Pro → Bome MIDI Translator Virtual 1 Out → VK Harmonizer”

Steve, could you put together a BMT file showing how the above is put together please?
PERFORM PROGRAM CHANGE WITH ALIAS new test.bmtp (726 Bytes)
Thank you.

I’ve up loaded my latest attempt and also the Gig Performer SS I’

m trying to use with BMT

I’m not really familiar with Gig Performer, but I don’t see anywhere in your diagram where you are receiving data from RTPMIDI1 and sending it to Bome MIDI Translator. If you want to do something with Bome MIDI translator Pro, you will need to put is somewhere in your MIDI Path. In your digram you have MIDI Out to Platform VK MIDI Out. My guess is you want to change that to Bome MIDI Translator Virtual Port 1 IN and then use MT Pro to route from Bome Virtual Port 1 In to platform VK MIDI. Although since there are no translators in your project file, it would not do anything more than what you are already doing, just with the added path through Bome MIDI Translator Pro.

In your diagram it looks like you are routing MIDI out to both RTPMIDI1 and your Platform VK MIDI. I though you told me that your input is coming from RTPMIDI 1.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

If your RTP MIDI connection is on Windows you will probably need to route your RTP MIDI port to a Bome MIDI Translator Port. For short names these will be shown as BMT 1, BMT 2, BMT 3 etc.

This is how mine is set up, however I generally do not use RTP-MIDI since I have Bome Network Pro Running and it is much easier and doesn’t require any configuration as RTP-MIDI does.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

You said:
“This is how mine is set up, however I generally do not use RTP-MIDI since I have Bome Network Pro Running and it is much easier and doesn’t require any configuration as RTP-MIDI does.”

I’ve never been happy with RTP-MIDI, and a while back, I bought Bome Network Pro, but could never work out how to use it.

Could I pay you as professional to put together a BomeMT file for me with Network Pro in the mix? And also a sketch of how Gig Performer midi blocks should be arranged (using my screen shot as a guide). I wasted three days on this last week, and another two this week making no progress whatsoever. Trying to get this working is really doing my head in. I can arrange payment through PayPay if that suits.

Last thought - do I need to buy a Bome box to use with Network Pro?

I went ahead and bought the Bome network Box. I’ll watch a few of your YT vids while waiting for it to arrive.

You do not need a BomeBox to use Bome Network Pro. As far as your other request, I think I would know how all of your MIDI devices are connected and to which computer. Some sort of visual diagram. I guess I could load a demo copy of Gig performer since they have a 14 day trial. Are you using Gig Performer on your Windows machine? Are you using a Mac or some other device for your other machine. I really need get some visual on how you intend to connect everything together.

For free support, we generally do not offer full solutions, however you can send me an email and I might be able to help further for paid services. I still may be able to give you an idea here that can get you to the point where you can get the rest up and running. Either way if perfectly fine with me.

You have MIDI IN (OMNI), is there a physical instrument or controller connected there? You have MIDI OUT (RTPMID1) where is this going. I assume MIDI OUT (Peform-VK MIDI Oout is your physical device for VK Harmonizer module attached to the computer as a USB device.

Is your intent to use a controller to send MIDI program changes to your Peform VK Harmonizer along with note (performance data)?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care