Piano mode?

I’m interpretation a clip trigger from an APC40 (90 xx yy) and would like to use a rule set to loop whilst the key is held down. Upon release I’d like a note off (80 xx yy) to then be sent out on the required MIDI route.

Typing this makes it seem so much simpler …

Thanking you.

Hi,

Well I’m not sure what you want to do so I created a repeating timer that just types “h” in the active window at 250sec intervals with a note on (push button) until you release it (note off). The note-off kills the timer and a duplicate translator sends a note-off on Bome Virutal Port 1. I have APC40 set up as the default input device and Virtual port 1 as the default output device but you can override default in presets (which override project defaults) or translators (which override project and preset defaults).

Do-Something-with-Timer.bmtp (1.6 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you for the reply.

From the perspective of Resolume, I’m asking if it’s possible to have this in one translator? So when the note on is read it continues to register as pressed, and when released it automatically fires off the note off value.

Apologies for the lack of clarity in my original post.

Thanks.

I’m really not sure what you mean. You wouldn’t need a translator for that. When you push a button on an APC-40 it sends a note on and when you release it it sends a note off.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Sorry for the confusion. I’ve confused myself considerably in the process.
Needless to say a complete rewrite not only solve my issues, it also reduced the resulting file size by 40k, so win win there!

The patch is coming along nicely and here is a quick preview:

Ah, so you are using your APC-40 as a light show. Very impressive!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care