Pitchbend map for Xone K2 to Rekordbox

Is there a way to map, translate a Xone K2 encoder to pitch bend in Rekordbox?
You can map a button but it stays on due to the lack of I guess no note off signal, but I’m too noob to figure how either of it works.
Are there any pointers I could use? I would prefer the encoder way, I have 2 free left in my mapping.
Thank you!

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

The attached is an example of taking the first encoder (top left layer 1) on Xone-K2 and converting to pitch bend. The top encoders send 0x7F for left movement and 0x01 for right movement. We increment or decrement the value of global variable ga to determine the current bend amount. Right now it takes a lot of turning to move a small amount so you might want to apply a multiplication factor to the rules if you want faster movement. You an uncomment line 5, for example if you want a multiplication factor of 500

Rules I use are shown below:

if qq==127 then qq=-1
// optional multiplication factor
// uncomment and adjust the multiply to use
// below it is set to 500
// qq=qq*500

ga=ga+qq
// Don't go beyond pitch bend limits
if ga>8191 then ga=8191
if ga<-8192 then ga=-8192
qq=ga

And the project file.
Xon-K2-Encoder-to-pitch-bend.bmtp (1.3 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

2022-07-07_22-07-38.zip (2.1 MB)
Hello Steve, thank you for the prompt response, however this doesn’t seem to be working out for me.
It appears the channel is off and when I adjust it the midi in and out the rekordbox is trying to capture is constantly changing.
Please see attached video!
I’m sure I’m missing something so thank you for the patience!
BR,
Marton

OK, so it looks like RekordBox is not using regular pitch bend and you are sending with CC0 on MIDI CH1 instead of CC0 on MIDI Channel 15.

I disabled the last translator and created a new one.

The new one will send CC0 value 1 with positive movement and CC1 value 1 with negative movement.

In RekordBox it should learn it as B000 for down and B001 for up.

Xone-K2-Encoder-to-pitch-bend-a.bmtp (1.8 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

It works, only correction needed was to set the outgoing value to 0 otherwise it gets stuck in the bend with either end.
Thank you so much!
Is it possible to translate only this 2 knobs and for the rest use teh K2, I mean to have both BMT and the K2 appear as connection device?
Think I saw it once but I don’t how to do it but would greatly help if didn’t have to re-map the whole thing.
Anyways you have been a great help!

You can have everything else pass through by adding a MIDI thru path. Anything that does not have a translator will pass through from your Xone thru the output port you specify.

I would caution that if you actually have a control on your K2 that sends CC1 on MIDI CH1 then you probably want to add a translator that converts to something else since right now we are converting CC0 on MIDI CH1 to both CC0 and CC1 on MIDI CH1.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care