Platform nano, fader control cc#

Hi dear,

I’m totally newbies with midi prog. I actually try to control kontakt library CC#1 or CC#11 with platform nano fader. I work on studio one. Nano work on mackie control protocol. I’v tried to prog it with btm but without succès. Can you give me some help please? Thanks in advance

Cheers

Hi, and welcome to the Bome community.

Try this

For input we use what Mackie Fader 1 would send. We discard the least significant byte (LSB) and only use the most significant byte (MSB) for output. We thin use the MSB (qq) as the value of CC1

Faders 2-8 will start with E1-E7 and master fader will start with E8.

Set the alias “My Controller” to your Platform Nano. I suggest you set the alias “Application” to Bome MIDI Translator 1 Virtual Port. On your system it may show to other application as “BMT 1”.

Platform-Nano-Fader-1-toCC1.bmtp (919 Bytes)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve,

Thanks for awnser, I’v tried this but it’s still not working. It correctly send a message to “log windows” but not in my kontakt library. To be sure, in my daw (studio one), what’s output and input? Btm virtual out or nano platform?

Cheers

Your DAW input should be BMT 1 (or whatever virtual port number that you used).

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Yes, it is. But still dosent work :pensive: any other idea? Cheers

Well the translator should work but I’m not familiar enough with Studio One to know how to route your MIDI to a specific plugin instrument. I only have Studio on Prime and I don’t think this version allows for external (non-Presonus) plugins. At least I couldn’t find the right menu to add them.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care