Platform X Faders to vMix

Hi,

Because I’m really green at this midi things but I’m very interested in getting the platform X to work with vmix I’m really interested in this post.
Any chance that you could do some screen dumps on how to get the fader to work, just to get me started?

best regards
Per-Olof

Hi, and welcome to the forum! I split this into a new topic.

1. Set up your platform X to for Mackie MCU output

2. Use the attached file, that converts MIDI Pitch Bend (which is used by Mackie MCU) to CC 8-15
    Platform-X-Faders-to-VMIX-Inputs.bmtp (1.1 KB)

3. Set up aliases to point to your Platform X for input and Bome MIDI Translator Virtual 1 port (BMT 1) for output. I don’t have a Platform X so I’m using my NanoKontrol 2 instead which sends the same thing as Platform X.

4. Set up vMIX to look at BMT 1.

1. Set up your shortcuts in vMIX. I set up 3 faders and a master fader.

This should get you started for faders. For other things such as mute, and solo, you may need other translators to handle toggle function of the buttons.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi,

Thanks for the help, I bought your program and have now got the motorized faders to work :blush:

But have a little trouble with the example you sent to use platform x to control the volume in vmix, when I use a fader on platform x the volume in vmix just jumps up and down completely out of order, does not seem to work at all.

Screendump on my vmix settings, and a short film on the behavior of the vmix faders when I slowly pushes the platform x faders up.

Also attached an log from Bome…

If I understand it right, seems like Bome is reading the platform X just fine, but the outgoing values to vmix seems wrong??

image001.png

Best regards

Per-Olof

(Attachment capture - 30 december 2021 - 11-32-38 .mp4 is missing)

bome_log.txt (70.2 KB)

Hi,
Platform X must use a different bit precision. Could you please post the input and output with MIDI IN and MIDI OUT checked on the log and uncheck incoming and outging.

Thanks!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi,

Here’s the requested log.

Two different faders pulled up and down.

Br

Per-Olof

Midi-In-Out-log.txt (61.7 KB)

OK, I might be able to work with this but this is certainly not sending standard Mackie MCU values. Are you sure your platform X is in Mackie MCU Mode?

Hi,

Give this a try. This seems to work, however I’m not quite clear why I have to shift MSB only 6 bits instead of 7. It may have to do with the 10 bit accuracy of the Platform X faders where most controllers do 14 bit accuracy. Let me know if it works, otherwise I will need to research further what is going on here.

Platform-X-Faders-to-VMIX-Inputs-2021-12-30.bmtp (1.3 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I don’t think the last will work either. Clearly the Platform X is not sending MCU (MCP) as documented.

Hi,

I’ve at least chosen the Mackie control mode, but maybe the platform x+ doesn’t fully comply with that protocol??

image001.png

Tested the new file and this time it works kind of better, when moving a fader on platform x the fader in vmix follows fine up to its max but when vmix is at max platform x is only at half travel if I then keep pushing it more the vmix fader start over again at the bottom. When the platform fader is at max so is the vmix fader.

Br

P-O

Midi-log.txt (27 KB)

The attached should work for you then. Instead of trying bit manipulation I just did scaling.

Platform-X-Faders-to-VMIX-Inputs-2021-12-30a.bmtp (1.1 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi,

Worked perfect this time :blush:

Thank you and have a happy new year

Per-Olof

1 Like