Possible to trigger LED animation sequence with single translator?

I’m using Bome to control LED feedback on my APC mini among other reasons. I was hoping there was a way to have a single translator result in an LED sequence (for instance, a light that streaks across the buttons from right to left over the course of a second). Creating a single very basic animation can easily take up 10 translators and is very time consuming to set up. The freeware MidiKey2Key allowed you to put in delay timers in a single midi message under a single rule. I believe it would be something like “900001 P50 900101” if you wanted there to be a 50 millisecond delay between the two messages. Is there a way to accomplish this using Bome? Or is there a workaround anyone else has figured out?

Well maybe note with 1 translator but here is an example using two translators.

The first translator triggers a repeating time and sets up the initial values. It also sets the interval between each output of the timer.

The second translator handles the note manipulation . The rules do all the work and we use raw midi to send note, last note and current note. I set the iterations to 9 so that I can turn off the last note when we reach the end.

I hope this is enough to get you started

Animate.bmtp (1.7 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Hi Steve,

I wondered if it would be possible to program a drum pattern for the BomeBox and while zapping the threads I encountered this one. I’ve tested Animate.bmtp and found that in principle it could be done but I assume it would be a lot of work. There should be an fairly easy way to convert a DrumPattern MIDI file to the appropriate presets. What’s your opinion on that?

Best,
Alex

Hi, this may be possible with timers but generating sequences with Bome MIDI Translator is not a strong point. You would need a series of timers and a way to trip them all in sequence. A simple sequence of LED’s from right to left, all with the same timing would be pretty straight forward, however. It would take 2 translators.
One to trigger a repeating timer and then the repeating timer would have rules on each iteration to determine which LED to light for that iteration.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz