Presonus FaderPort 16 MIDI Feedback with Cubase CC Mode for Motorized Faders

Sean
I have reading your notes. I recently bought a presonus faderport 16. I use Cubase. I also got BMT pro. I would like to replicate what you have done for bi directional feedback for midi cc
Can you send me details of how you set it up in Cubase doe d400
Please send snapshots or any detailed documentation you have
Thanks in advance
Regards
Ram

This is easily done but takes time to set up. The key thing is to ensure you are tracking in global variables in all values coming back from the DAW and as you do mode changes, to refresh these values back to the controller. If you your controller is in Mackie MCU mode, when updating you also have to do translation from CC back to MCU values on your controller.

I’ve done similar using several controller types. As I said it is pretty straight forward once you know what you are doing but it takes time to map each control value and work out keeping the modes straight and the right global variables updated by the DAW. Most projects like this run anywhere from 4-8 hours to get done as each controller I’ve done it with has its own idiosyncrasies. I have not done the D400, however. Also you need to consider how you want to switch “Modes”

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve – I think you sent this to me instead of

|

rbache2
June 7

|

• | - |

I think it was you who helped me work this out. I will try dig out how I did this on the weekend. My setup was D400 – I think his is a presonus faderport 16

Regards

Sean

Yes, probably should have forced open of a new thread. This went to anyone monitoring this thread which might be confusing. I should get better at forcing new threads when subject matter diverges.

Thank you Sean.

Thank you Steve

Sean
Any update on this. We’re you able to find the setup in Cubase and bmt
Thanks in advance
Ram