Presonus FaderPort 16 not recognize on usb port box

Hi Steve,
I test presonus faderport in order to have more fader than xtouch.
When I connect faderport to pc usb, it’s working without driver.
I’m trying to connect directly to the box because on stage I don’t have PC. it seems faderport is not recognize. Do we have something to do ?
Regards,

Hi,

When you say you are hooking directly to the “box”, do you mean to your dLive or to a BomeBox? I’m pretty sure the dLive does not understand Mackie MCU which I believe the faderport users. In this case you will either need a PC or to load your project file on a BomeBox for translation.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Sorry, D live is connected to Etherent and I poconnect presonnus faderport 16 to box usb port.
My objective is the same. COnnect midi controler to dlive. Between dlive and midi controler, I use Bome Box and translator pro.
When Dlive to ethernet port and midi controler to PC port and using translator on PC, it’s working
When Dlive to ethernet port and midi controler to usb box port, presonus port are not recognize (open)

OK, are you running your project file on your BomeBox since you don’t have a PC? If so, you will need to adjust your aliases on your BomeBox to use the Presonus FaderPort 16 instead of the X-touch.

I would probably need to see your project file to help more and also some screenshots of some of the web pages on your BomeBOx

• MIDI Ports
  • Routing
  • Project
  • Allen and Heath

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

In fact I starting new project from scratch.
Do you mean I need firstly to push my project into bome box before connecting something on usb port ?
Currently my projet has onlmy 1 translator. Stroke F4 and I put outgoing Raw midi value manually to test if documentation is ok.
It’s also to test if Presonus can be connected directly to bome box without PC.
When I did taht with xtouch, I was able to see in and out message but there with Presonus, I don’t see message when connected directly to bome box, and I see message when conencted to PC. Maybe presonus is not compatible with bome box ?

Hi,
Presonus must be in one of its Mackie MCU modes. I would start with Logic Pro mode.

You should be able to hook Presonus up directly to your BomeBox and use the example project I provided on April 15. You will need to assign the aliase X-Touch Compact to the device name the Presonus uses when hooking it up to BomeBox.

For development, however, you should just use MT Pro project on your computer. Once done, you can upload to BomeBox for execution (after assigning aliases).

When you seay Stroke F4 , I assume you mean to send MIDI message from your Presonus. BomeBox will recognized keystrokes only if a compatible MIDI keyboard is connected to it and only if connected via a USB hub.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

Ok thanks I test it.
I’m waiting response from presonus because In MCU mode it seems they don’t have simple mode where all butoon, faders and leds are available. When you change mode, the behavior of some touchs are differnets and somes does not generate midi message… I can’t understand why they write universal and compatible with all DAW… I have also big probleme whith their documentation which is wrong. For me unacceptable when You pay 800€. So I do the test for the usb connexion. Thanks your .

Does your BomeBox see the Presonus FaderPort 16 port connected to your BomeBox? Of course if project is running on BomeBox, you will not see any log output unless you direct it to your computer instead of dLive. Then you can use MT Pro to see the output of your project file.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also, my guess is that if you put it into Native Mode (Studio One) then all buttons etc will work, but then you will need to change translation from MCU to dLive to use native mode to dLive instead.

I found the same issue with my X-touch Compact. Some controls are not mapped in MCU mode.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thanks for this way of searching. I will test tomorrow. It’s pitty because Presonus was more comptact with 16 faders. It’s looked as good compromise… :frowning: I will tell you my investigation. good evening

You’re right. In Studio one mode I can do what I need. :slight_smile:
Thanks.
now I have to program.

Maybe advice on how to translate in RAW midi message
from presonus Ex yy zz where x is midi channel and yy zz value
to B0 63 xx B0 62 17 B0 06 zz
in other terms, how I can get only the y of Ey from presonus to reuse it into dlive message ?
I try to do
incoming 00 pp vv
rules oo = 00 - 48
Outcoming B0 63 oo B0 62 17 B0 06 va
But working only for Channel 1 but not on other Chanel
I dont know how to do

Hi

Incoming oo pp qq. (where oo are letters “O” (Oh) and not numbers “0” (zero)

// First make sure it is pitch bend by masking out the lower bits
rr=oo&0xf0
if rr!=0xe0 then exit rules, skip outgoing action
// Now look at the MIDI channel
rr=oo&0x0f
// rr is now the MIDI channel 0-F where 0 is MIDI CH 1 and F is MIDI CH 16

// outgoing will be 0xBn so create it for the first byte
oo=rr|0xb0

// Calculate CC number from the MIDI CH
// in this example MIDI CH1 is CC48
rr=rr+48

// Now use pp for the value
// oo is 0xbn
// rr=CC number
// pp = value

Outgoing oo rr pp

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thanks,

I finish simple program. I upload into Bome box and I connect the presonus FaderPort 16 to usb port on the box. When I start the projct on box, I’m prompted to select corresponding Midi port. No usb midi port detected… When I connect APC40 , I have it on dropdownlist to select. but not with presonus. It seems not possible to use it without PC wich is not what I want. Bad news :frowning:

Hi Patrice,

I had a similar problem with one of my controllers. Could you try:

1. Hooking your Faderport via a powered USB hub to see if it is found
    or
  2. If you don’t have a powered hub, try an unpowered one.

I’m assuming your Faderport is class compliant (doesn’t require a MIDI driver with Windows or Mac).

It is possible for number 1 that the Faderport may draw too much USB power. I’m assuming you are plugging it in also to a wall socket as this is probably needed to get the motorized faders working as well.

For number 2, sometimes it helps in discovery of USB devices but I’m not sure why.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

YESSSSS you are a magician…
Connected to powered hub, it’s working.
My bome box is connected to POE. I truied to change to electrical powered instead of POE. Not working.
I use usb powered hub between Presonus and bome box and it’s working. :slight_smile:
How can I do my project starting on power automatically ? Currently I need to connected to web and start project.
Thanks a lot for your support.

If you have selected your project, it should automatically start when you power the BomeBox on. If you want it to do something when you have connected your Presonus, then have an incoming trigger of “On connected”.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like