Prevent BOME from trying to open a PORT that is in use

In order for my Faderport 8 (Presonus) to work in MIDI Mode, I need to ensure that the Presonus FB8 port 2 is ignored completely by BOME.
The BOME event view errors shows the port as pending, but I would like BOME to ignore it completely.

For various things to work, I need BOME open and running before I start Studio One, but that means that BGOME mustn’t take “control” of this FP 8 port.

Any ideas?

Norman

Hi and welcome back!

If you don’t want Bome MIDI Translator Pro to open a given port, then you will need to ‘uncheck’ the input boxes for that port in Bome MIDI Translator Pro. You may need to do this at the project, preset and translator level.

The way Bome MIDI Translator Pro opens port is.

• If the box is checked at the project level, then Bome MIDI Translator Pro tries to open the port at project start.
  • If the box is checked at the preset level, then Bome MIDI Translator Pro tries to open the port when the preset becomes activated and closes the port when the preset is deactivated.
  • If the box is checked at the translator level, the port is opened when the translator is active by either the translator being checked or its parent preset being activated.

I hope this helps!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz