Pro tools automation to Waves LV1software (Midi-HUI)

I would like to get it work fader automation between Pro Tools and waves LV1. Is it possible that here are somebody who have translation file for bome and maybe a sliht step up guide?

regards,
Otto-Karl

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

The below example should get you started. It has faders an V-Pots for the first bank (8 tracks).

It is beyond the scope of free support to provide a complete solution but if you search the forum on ‘HUI’ you should find more examples to put this together. At this point there is no feedback for motorized faders of V-POT rings, but this could be added. Note that there are some things that don’t translate well.

For example, the MCU protocol has a master fader and HUI does not so you will not be able to program your master fader.
Updating scribble strips is quite challenging as MCU and HUI uses a very different format and the length of the scribble strips is different.

I used a Korg nanoKontrol Studio to test this. You will want to make sure Pro-Tools is set to listen to the HUI on Bome MIDI Translator Virtual Port 1 (BMT 1) or the same port that you use.

If you need to control an additional 8 tracks, you will need to duplicate the First HUI preset, rename it and put it on another port. You will also need to change input to the second port on your LV1.

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

MCU-to-HUI-Example-2024-02-08.bmtp (2.5 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you Steve!

I got it working from lv1 to pro tools but i cant get working from pro tools to LV1…

Is there some additional coding needed?

Regards,
Otto-Karl

Yes, the translations in the project file are now only one way from Mackie MCU (LV1) to HUI (Pro-tools).

A project like this is fairly involved but I’m sure there are some examples out there on the forum if you search. If I find one, I will point you to it. I can also build a solution for you but that would be me as an independent consultant/programmer and so there would be charges involved.

You can DM me if interested. Otherwise, if you ask for a specific example of one or two things, I can always provide that kind of support that would be included for free.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Steve!

Im happy to pay you for sure if you will help me to get automation work with Pro Tools.

Regards,
Otto-Karl

OK, either direct message me here or drop me an email and I can send you my rates.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi,

My email is ottokarlvendt@gmail.com

Otto-Karl