Problem playing notes on Roland Digital Piano KR103

Hi,

FFXIV has a mode known as bard performance, where you can play music using the keyboard. For whatever reason, Bome midi translator classic seems to be the software most people use to play music using a digital piano attached to the computer.

I have a keymap with the software and confirm that it works for other people, however, the problem I’m having is that after playing a note you cannot play it again. Ie. if I do a c scale, trying to play the notes again will not work. Sometimes restarting the software works, sometimes it does not but the problem remains. Just being thorough with the debugging.

I have set the Keyboard Touch sensitivity on the KR103 to low as per someone’s suggestion. Still haven’t been able to play using piano.

I am convinced this is a keyboard problem. This is because when opening up a text pad i can play notes over and over without an issue. The example test is like this:
zzooxxppccvvkkbbllnn…mmaa66ss77ddff88gg99hh00jjqq11ww22eerr33tt44yy55uuii
which is just going from C2 to C4.

And so on…

Hi and welcome to the Bome Community!

Did you open the log Window in Bome MIDI Translator to see what is happening. My guess is it is an issue with FFXIV since it work on a text pad. Maybe FFXIV is running in administrator mode. Many games, specifically Java based, simply do not properly handle incoming keystrokes from the OS driver and bypass the driver and use their own interface.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

I have other friends using bome and ffxiv without any issue. I did check to see if the game was running in administrator mode but it wasn’t.
The Log window reports that keystrokes are being sent. as an example
IN : MIDI 90 30 67, pp=0x67
OUT: Key down: Z
IN : MIDI 90 30 00, pp=0x00

IN : MIDI 90 30 78, pp=0x78
IN : MIDI 90 30 00, pp=0x00

OK, if the velocity is 0 then it should be a key up.
90 30 00 , pp==0x00
OUT should be Key up: Z

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

YOU LEGEND! it works!

1 Like