Propresenter 7 + Lightkey

Our church had been using Bome Network software to connect our MacMini(Propresenter 7) and IMac(Lightkey) for a while. The volunteer that set it up no longer attends our church and I took over a year ago. I had to upgrade one of the computers to a new machine right after I started and ever since then I couldn’t get the Bome Network to work properly. For a quick fix, I just used the Audio Midi Setup app that comes with the Macs to make the connection. Unfortunately, that means manually making the connection EVERY SINGLE TIME we use the programs. Ive tried many times to make the Bome software to work correctly, watched videos, read forums, etc. but to no avail.

The computers are connected in the software, but I obviously have settings wrong somehow or somewhere. Can someone help make this work again?

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

What is the computer name of each of the computers? My guess is that your new computer received a new name. Is this correct? Is the old computer now gone? Specifically show what you have to do to every time to make it work.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Propresenter computer is called MediaMacMini and the Lightkey computer is called Citys-iMac. The old computer is no longer in use. Currently I am using a midi session called in Audio Midi Setup to make the midi connection every time it’s used.

This is what the MediaMacMini Bome settings look like.

I need Midi sent from MediaMacMini to City’s-Imac.

Could you show me the MIDI settings in Proprestenter 7 and the MIDI settings in Lightkey? Do you have any other MIDI going between the two computers for other applications?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

There is no other Midi running for other programs.

This is Lightkey midi settings

This is City’s-iMac Midi Network Setup

City’s-iMac Bome Settings

Propresenter 7 Midi Settings (MediaMacMini)

MediaMacMini Midi Network Setup

1. In ProPresenter7, set the MIDI output port to ‘Citys-iMac’ only. This port doesn’t show on your screenshot but should be available. If it is not, you may need to go into Mac MIDI settings and delete and then create new MIDI connections.

2. In Lightkeys, set the MIDI incoming port to ‘MediaMacMini’ only

You should not have any RTP-MIDI sessions as they should no longer be needed when running Bome Network. Bome Network does not have the notion of ‘Sessions’ so none should be necessary.

Since you are using the main network port between computers, Remote Direct MIDI ports can be disabled.

I’m assuming you are not using Bome MIDI Translator Pro to do any MIDI translations.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Okay, I removed the sessions, added the incoming and outgoing ports in each program respectively. I’m not using the Bome MIDI Translator Pro. Unfortunately, I’m still not getting signal though.

On Citys-IMAC open Bome Network tool. Then on the bottom you should see a thin green bar. Drag it up to reveal the MIDI log. Then send MIDI data from ProPresenter7 and see if you can see incoming MIDI in the Log. Make sure i/o is selected.

https://i.imgur.com/C0a5tsl.gif

This will show whether you are seeing MIDI from MediaMacMIni on your computer Citys-iMAC.

If you don’t show it there, then do the same on MediaMacMini to see if MIDI is going out from that computer.

Let me know what you see and I can advise further.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1010 Bome Network v1.6.0 (macOS Ventura 13.6.3)
10747 NetMIDI server: accepting client: MediaMacMini (192.168.1.101:49180)
10748 NetMIDI server: connection authenticated with remote client “MediaMacMini” (192.168.1.101:49180)
2212741 MIDI IN From MediaMacMini 9E 7F 00
2212741 MIDI OUT MediaMacMini Virtual Out 9E 7F 00

OK, so this shows that you are getting MIDI from into Citys-IMAC from MediaMacMini. Now you just need to make sure your incoming port for LightKey is MediaMacMini. Maybe it is as simple as restarting the Lightkey application. Make sure no other input ports are checked.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

It’s still not triggering anything in Lightkey. Not sure what is happening. Maybe I need to update Lightkey. Thank you for your help! This is the closest I’ve gotten with it!

Wait! It’s Working! Thank you!!!

1 Like

On Cities-IMAC, add the following route in Bome Network Tools

IN: From Citys-IMAC → OUT: Citys-IMAC Virtual Out

I think it will work then. Lightkey is probably looking for an output port for input.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

If you got this working, could you mark the thread as solved?