Question about keypad input after moving mt-project from bomebox to mac

So i started running my midi translator projects on my mac as apposed to the bomebox where i used to run it before. This was due to some problems i had connecting my remote direct midi ports. I stumbled over some posts here that suggested you should really run the project on the mac when using remote direct midi ports. And it really solved my issues. The midi routing is solid now. BUT one downside for me is that i was a heavy user of the keyboard input on the bomebox. I had one wifi Numpad and one USB Numpad connected to the bomebox to trigger and control various things in the studio (pure bliss!). But running the project on the mac now has made this more complicated because whatever app takes focus gets the keyboard input. Though I have been able to re-establish most of the functionality using an app called keyboardmaestro i am now wondering: can i have a translator project running on the bomebox in parallel to using the remote direct midi ports and running my midi translator project on my mac? Using it on mac has brought huge benefits especially for the debugging and development. But the keyboard input separate from my mac i really miss. The keyboard input would mostly be controlling my sequencer that is connected directly to my bomebox. Midi would not have to be sent to my mac. So the project running on the bomebox would only take input from the keypad(s) and send MIDI to bomebox USB out. At this point i would not go back to running my projects on the bomebox but maybe an answer could shed some light on the relationship between running a translator project on bomebox and/or mac AND using remote direct midi ports. It took me quite a while to gather the info that brought me this far. thanks in advance heavy-bomebox-fan Tobias

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Yes, you can run a project on your Mac that takes keyboard input and send MIDI output to your USB MIDI device. This is possible in conjunction with using the same USB MIDI Device using Remote Direct MIDI on your Mac.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

i know. thats exactly what i am doing right now. but these keystrokes will be seen by other programs too especially if MTP is not the frontmost app. Which is kind of all the time when using DAWs and other music software. And this will cause problems. But nevermind my specific problem, I kind of solved that issue for me.
The bigger question i am interested in is this: can you run a midi translator project on the bomebox WHILE STILL having your mac access hardware thats connected to the bomebox via remote direct midi? Can you have One midi translator project run on the bomebox AND another one run in MTP on your MAC? Or do Remote Direct Midi and having a Translator project on the bomebox go along?

Yes, original incoming keystrokes on a PC or Mac are never suppressed.
See this post for ideas on how to handle this situation.

You can run a project on both BomeBox and computer at the same time. You can use Remote Direct MIDI to gain access to the BomeBox MIDI port and also use the BomeBox MIDI port on your BomeBox with the project file running on BomeBox.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

excellent, thank you! I will give that a try!