"Readable" virtual output port names on BomeBox

I am sending data from the BomeBox to the Mac and only have the “Network 1” port available as a viable destination. But I have controllers with the same MIDI channel numbers that I have to distinguish.

Can the BomeBox create virtual MIDI ports that are recognized as such by the computer and can be selected in programs?

Or do I have to define a MIDI channel for each controller?

Hi,
BomeBox does not have virtual ports (yet). However if you have controllers hooked to it, you can expose them separately to your computer by using Remote MIDI Direct Ports. Applications on your computer (including MT Pro) can then individually address these ports through Bome Network. Otherwise, for now you will need to put everything on the BomeBox’s single network port and separate messages by MIDI channel.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

I use Remote Direct Ports already. But in the BomeBox named ports to the computer only work if I disable the MT File. With an active MT File I can only use “Network 1”.

Is this normal behavior?
Then I need MIDI channels to separate the streams in the computer.

Yes, well if you are using a computer, for now it would be better to use your project file there and then use Remote MIDI Direct. Maybe in the future, this will change if and when virtual MIDI ports are available on BomeBox.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz