Receiving MIDI from Live

Hi! I have a script that basically just uses BMT as a buffer between Live and my Midi Fighter Twister, for testing purposes (the script receives a CC value, sends out that exact same CC value). Currently, my routing is from the MF Twister to a BMT1 virtual out.
I have that CC mapped to a macro in Live. Turning the knob on the Twister updates the macro as expected. However, turning the macro with my mouse causes the Twister and the software to get out of sync. The indicator lights on the controller don’t update, and turning the knob snaps the macro to wherever it was last.
In my Live MIDI preferences, I have track and remote ticked on the BMT1 output which I thought would do the trick, but Is there something else I need to do in the routing section of BMT in order to send the MIDI info from LIve to the controller being used by BMT? Thank you!

It is working for me. I used MIDI learn, however you need to set up BMT 1 for both in and out in Ableton Live and then set up your MFT as follows in MT Pro.

The return path allows your MFT to update when you turn a knob on Ableton Live.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve, thank you! I set up my routing in the same way as you and I can now see that turning the macro in Live shows the variable updating in the log window! The Twister still wasn’t updating and the error window said that the port was closed, but unplugging and plugging the Twister back in solved the issue. Thanks again!

OK, you probably had a hung MIDI port then.

Glad you got it working!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz