Rekordbox Pitchbend sensitivity (DDJ XP2)

Hi!
I’m a brand new user of Bome Midi translator and I have a doubt. I have bought a DDJ XP2. I want to beatmatch manually but the pitchbend of Rekordbox is a nightmare. It doesn’t has a sensitivity control (Traktor it has, and it’s perfect!), so is very hard to beatmatch without sync. I was wondering if I can “control” the sensitivity of the pitch bend with BOME Midi translator.

Thanks a lot!
David.

Hi and welcome to the Bome Community!

It is likely that Bome MIDI Translator can help. We would need to know what your DDJ XP2 sends and how Traktor reacts. I suggest you download a trial copy of Bome MIDI Translator Pro and test it to see if it will meet your needs. Then you can decide if you want to purchase it. The trial version times out every 20 minutes. You could put a MIDI thru path from you XP2 and then use a virtual input port with Rekordbox instead of directly to your XP2. You can then turn the log window monitoring on and see what the MIDI traffic looks like.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks a lot Steve!!! Sorry, yesterday I had a gig, and I couldn’t manage to try it. In order to test it, I haven’t understand completely the steps. Firstly, I should check XP2 with traktor, and after that, I put the midi thru path from XP2 to Rekordbox and check the log windows monitoring, isn’t? I will let you know!

Hi,
You can use the attached project file to start. I set up aliases for the port names. In RekordBox I set the alias to Bome MIDI Translator Virtual. Port 1 which should be shown by RekordBox as “BMT 1”. Please use that port instead of your DDJ-XP2 for input and output of RekordBox.

I am routing the signals through MT Pro and turn on logging so that you can see and capture the MIDI Activity. In my case, I don’t have a DDJ-XP2 so I’m using the alias to route to an unused virtual port. You should set up the alias to point to your actual DDJ-XP2 device.

DDJ-XP2-RecordBox.bmtp (669 Bytes)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz