Can BOME Midi Translator remap/rearrange launchpad notes? i.e., instead of each subsequent pad being a semitone up (chromatic), I'd like to have it be say "Lydian" scale. After playing around with the software, the only way I could fathom doing this is the following:
- Add translator
- Name translator (for example) "C#2 to Launchpad Pad 1"
- Set incoming to "midi message," "note on,"
- Under "note" drop down select the note being triggered by looking at the monitor and "capture midi"
- (don't change velocity scaling. Leave exactly as how launchpad pro picks up)
- Set outgoing to desired note depending on "Lydian" scale
- Repeat for each of the 64 pads of the launchpad pro....meaning there will be 64 translators to make. You can imagine how cumbersome this would be
Is there a way to accomplish this via scripting? Say, a script that takes in a series of notes (for any desired scale) and laying it out sequentially on pads of the launchpad.
I know the Launchpad Pro Mk2 now has open-source firmware that allows you to go in a program this. But I want to be able to apply this to other midi controllers that aren't open source (DJ techtools midi fighter 64, Ableton Push 2, Maschine, Akai MPC, etc).
A more general question. Is it possible to make only one translator with a giant script that accomplishes the above?