Repeating Values 0 thru 127 as you keep turning the knob

I have a Akai MPD226 and using it to control a lighting software there suggestion was it need to be a controller that repeats 0 thru 127 because at the moment I try and turn the intensity up and it goes from 0 to about 8 to 12 percent and then back to 0. It doesn’t go all the way up to 100%. How would I go about accomplishing this?

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

I think the MPD226 is programmable and it sounds like the encoder is programmed as a relative encoder.
I’d have to look at a log of the incoming MIDI message to determine what it is sending.

Open MT Pro and set the input to your MPD226 and then enable logging and twist your knob from left to right and then we can capture what MIDI it is sending. You may need to copy and paste the log data into the forum so I can see it.

What lighting software are you trying to control?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi, if your MPD226 is like my MPD218 then you should be able to set up your encoder as relative (inc/dec) type 2 which is also known as 2’s complement. This video shows how it is done (look around 40 seconds in for 2’s complement explanation). Also in the video description there is a link to the project file used so that you can download it and try it yourself.

Good luck!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz