reroute all midi information to designated output by touch of button

how would you best achieve dynamic change of midi channel based on a button press? i have watched the timer video example but i am not sure how to apply that to multiple buttons.

Also is it best to start more presets to organise translators or keep adding translators that relate to the same device to the same preset?

for example in this application, my pad signal already changes track on my sequencer and lights a pad on push in the first preset. should i add this functionality to that preset or start a new one as far as processing time and best practice is concerned?

appreciate your help mate this software is great!

Attachments:
1586337020892_Queen-Street1-TrMuDublights.bmtp

how would you best achieve dynamic change of midi channel based on a button press? i have watched the timer video example but i am not sure how to apply that to multiple buttons.

SJC> For dynamic MIDI port (device) routing, I would use switching of presets as shown in the below video. For simple MIDI Channel changes I would just put the current output channel in a global variable and change the MIDI channel number on press of your key using rules.  The rules of your translator would then use the global variable as the output channel instead of hardcoded.

Also is it best to start more presets to organise translators or keep adding translators  that relate to the same device to the same preset?

SJC> I usually organize my presets by device selection with some exceptions (say I have only 1 translator that is different and I don't want to create a new preset for a single translatore).

for example in this application, my pad signal already changes track on my sequencer and lights a pad on push in the first preset. should i add this functionality to that preset or start a new one as far as processing time and best practice is concerned?

SJC> I would have 2 presets  as follows

1) Push to Sequencer

2) Push LED feedback

and then set routing at the preset level for each and then translators below that use the default input and output which should be set at the preset level.

appreciate your help mate this software is great!