Restart a project in a translator?

Sometimes, when I start the BomeBox, it doesn’t perform my init sequences. I can tell because several of those translators set LED’s on my KMI Softstep 2 foot pedal, and when this happens, they aren’t set.

It’s usually (I think) because I don’t open BomeNet on my iPad quickly enough, and some of the ports are not mapped.

I solve the problem by logging into the BomeBox and restarting the project.

Is there a way to do this from a translator? It looks like “execute file” would work, but I’m cautious about getting into loop. I figured a translator that checks for an non-init’d global variable could launch this action.

Is there any better way?

I usually set up a Timer called “Init” that does housekeep when a project is open. Then all of your housekeeping can occur using this timer. On Bomebox you could have send a MIDI message with incoming trigger and then use the outgoing action of the timer “Init”. Then you can have several translators do whatever you want as an outgoing action when the Init timer is triggered.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

I do have an extensive “init” section, part of which sets the LEDs and displays “Read” on the Softstep pedal display (it’s only 4 characters). It’s triggered (usually) when the project is opened. When those lights aren’t set and the word doesn’t appear, it’s clear the inits have not run for some reason.

I just changed the translator that I added to reload the project; it will now trigger the init timer.

I’m hoping that will solve the problem.

As always, thank you for your incredible support Steve, and Happy New Year!