Rotary MIDI Device to Mouse Scroll

Hi-
New to Bome, not a midi wiz by any stretch of the imagination. I have a simple midi rotary device called S1. Am trying to program that to scroll up and down like a mouse, have watched the online tutorial video a few times, but can’t seem to get it to work.

Below is what I was sent from the creator of this unit… not sure if it helps, but trying to give as much info as possible.

“ We’ll program with MIDI CC3 (sending 0 to 127) for the dial and MIDI CC9 (sending 127) when the knob/button is pressed “

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

If I remember the example was using a relative encoder. In your case, it looks like you are using an absolute encoder so I had to create a global variable (ga) and use it to determine which direction you are moving your knob.

There are 3 presets. Each have the same basic logic but 3 different outgoing behavior. I set up the presets so only 1 can be enabled at a time.

Preset 0 selected will click the mouse down and scroll wheel move when you move CC3
Preset 1 will click mouse down and then mouse up/down action when you move CC3
Preset 2 will click mouse down and then mouse left/right action when you move CC3

For all of them CC9 value 127 will generate a release the left click

I wasn’t sure how your application behaves but one of these should work.
Of course you mouse probably will need to be hovered over your application knob when rotating your encoder as it will initiate a click no matter where you are.

I use the global variable gb to determine whether the mouse is clicked or released so that we don’t generate multiple clicks.

Rotary to Mouse.bmtp (6.3 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

That worked! Thanks SO Much, Steve!

1 Like