Scaling/Incrementing Midi CC Values

On my midi controller (Beatstep Pro) it takes more than a full revolution of a rotary encoder to go from a value of 0 to 127. It commonly takes two full rotations to do so. I'd like to be able to change this so I can control the full 0-127 range with a single rotation. Does Bome Midi Translator Classic or Pro have a way of changing the increments of CC values to accomplish this?

Hi, not with MT Classic but it is possible to change scaling with MT Pro.  I would also check if you can change the "Accelleration" within BeatStep Pro to see if this solves your problems. Many controllers have an accelleration feature that works if you turn the knob faster, it will send higher values.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks Steve! Would you be able to point me in the direction of documentation that will help me get that up and running? I’d like to try with the demo before making the purchase. Thanks again.

Documentation for MT Pro I mean.

Hi, if you set your encoder for relative type 1 (3F/41) then the attached should give you a good example for one encoder.  I set this up on my Arturia Beatstep (first version).

I also set it up that if you push and hold a button, the encoder will revert back to fine tuning until it is released as with the accelleration, it is set to skip 5 values at a time.

You will need to set up a different global variable to track the last known absolute value of a given encoder.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Attachments:
1597430702010_Arturia-Relative-Type-1-To-Absolute-scaled-2020-08-14.bmtp

Press F1 or help within MT Pro and it will open the PDF user guide.