Send keystrokes to two computers simultaneously

Hello, I use Bome Midi Translator everyday. Amazing software, thank you very much. I use a MIDI controller that Bome translates into keystrokes on my main computer. I also have a second computer that I’d like to send keystrokes to simultaneously with the same controller. Would Bome Network Pro allow me to do this? Computer to Computer?

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Yes, however you would need an additional license for Bome MIDI Translator on your second computer. You will also need Bome Network Pro.

This is how it would work.

You first computer you add a new translator with the existing MIDI input that you use for the keystroke on your computer. The output of this translator would be a MIDI message directed to a virtual port on the second computer.
The second computer running Bome MIDI Translator Pro (MT Pro) would read the incoming MIDI message from the first computer and translate it to a keystroke there. Since Bome Network only sends MIDI, incoming on the second computer would be MIDI and MT Pro would do that translation to the desired keystroke there.

The Bome Network Pro license allows you to use it on up to 5 computers. The Bome MIDI Translator Pro license is on a per computer basis so you would need a new license for the second computer.

I hope this helps!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hey thanks Steve! I’m not quite at the point to try this. Just planning ahead, but I believe this is exactly what I needed to hear. Hope I can post back here soon and catch your attention if I run into any problems.

Yes, I’m not going anywhere.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz