Send the last expression pedal value received when

How to make BMT send the last expression pedal CC11 value it received… each time BMT receives a program change message?
To make all my VSTi in the same Expression value when i switch between them… even if I don’t move the Expression pedal when switching to a new sound.

Hi,

This is easily done, however it may not give you the results you expect. There are many parameters that may be in your VST’s that could effect the overall perceived sound level so either you would need to adjust your VST parameters to compensate or quickly move the pedal anyway.

Here is the project file. It has 3 translators.

• 0.0 - Received Expression from your controller and stores it in global variable ga. (See rules of this translator)
  • 0.1 - Monitors for PC and when received fires 0.2 to send your last known expression using the new ‘Perform’ action of Bome MIDI Translator Pro 1.9.1
  • 0.2 Sends the expression value when triggered by translator 0.1

I also made sure that the swallow option of these translators was not set so that the original messages are still passed through to the MIDI thru path I set up.

Here is how I have my aliases set. You will need to set them for the physical ports you are using.

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

Send-Last-Exp-w-Program-Change.bmtp (1.4 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

This is easily done, however it may not give you the results you expect. There are many parameters that may be in your VST’s that could effect the overall perceived sound level so either you would need to adjust your VST parameters to compensate or quickly move the pedal anyway.

Hi Steve, thank you🙏
Yes I know that, I am a sound designer so I know what I want exactly :slight_smile: I looked at the file and it seems really easy and it seems like I have to learn more about Perform features especially when using it with the global variables.

Thank you again :+1: