Sending midi Output also after a button is released

Hello everyone,

Sorry at first, if this is a dump question, but I spend hours for a solution but can’t find one.

i’m trying to connect a akai apc mini with a grandMA comandwing 2. The faders work well, but i’ve some problems with the buttons.

If i press a button the bome translator send the value 127 as it should, but if I release the button the value 0 doesen’t get send because the button is released and bome only sends Outputs while buttons are pressed.

Is it possible to send the value also after the button is released so the value 0 can get send. Or is there any other solution.

Thanks for any help

Dear
André

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

It sounds like your controller is sending toggle (first press on, second press off) instead of momentary messages (press on, release off). If this is the case, there is not much we can do since we need some sort of MIDI message to process it. With that said, some controllers allow you to reprogram the buttons for momentary so if you tell me the make and model of your controller or maybe read the manual, perhaps I can help.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz Steve Caldwell Bome Customer Care
Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks for the fast answer.

It’s a akai apc mini.

In the ‘capture Midi’ Window at the ‘Incoming’ Tab the button sends the value 0 if I release it.

Here is a picture of the settings:)

Ah, I see. The APC MINI sends note off velocity 127 and grandMA expects Note On Velocity 0 (which is actually another form of note-off)

Please find the attached. It has two translators both for note 0 (lower left pad on your controller in the matrix area).
The first translator passes the message through untouched.
The second translator converts the note-off format that the APC-MINI sends into the format that grandMA should expect.

You will need to add translators for each note or if using preset 0.
However I’ve created and enabled preset 1 which will handles translator for all notes on your APC-MINI. Do not enable both presets.

The rules evaluate if it is note and then if it is note-on convert the incoming note to the outgoing note format required for grandMA.

I’m using a different controller so I’m using an alias. You will need to point your aliases to your actual MIDI ports.

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

Note-Off-Velocity-0.bmtp (1.8 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

No, in the ‘capture Midi’ Box the apc sends the Velocity 127 if I press the button and the Velocity 0 if I release the button.

If I’m right the variable ‘gb’ gets now the value 127 or 0.

In the GrandMA log the value 127 arrives, but if I release the button no new value arrives, not 127 not 0, nothing.

So I think the problem is, that bome translator doesn’t send any value to the GrandMA if I release the button.

Here is a log of what the APC-MINI (This time I tried it with my real APC-MINI) sends and the translation that occurs using the project file. I sent you.

Line 1 is press from APC MINI
Line 2 is what is sent to the application upon press
Line 3 is release from APC MINI
Line 4 is what is sent to the application upon release.

1: MIDI IN [APC MINI]: 90 00 7F
2: MIDI OUT [Bome MIDI Translator 1 Virtual Out]: 90 00 7F
3: MIDI IN [APC MINI]: 80 00 7F
4: MIDI OUT [Bome MIDI Translator 1 Virtual Out]: 90 00 00

This is using Preset 1

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the Support.

I’ll try this, the next time when I’m at work.

Thank you very much for your file. It works very well.

At the moment I can’t remake it in my own file. I copied all settings identical but it doesn’t work.
But I’ll try it again and if it doesn’t work I use your file and copy my fader translater in.

Thanks for your support​:pray::bulb:

OK, I’ll be here if you need anything.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care