Setup a Bome netzwerk ohne Bome Box

Hallo Support,

Ich möchte eine Midi Verbindung innerhalb meines Bome Netzwerks direkt von PC zu PC aufbauen. Ich sende von meinem PC auf dem Notation Composer läuft auf einem bestimmten Midi Kanal Note On Befehle und möchte hierzu erreichen, dass auf dem Ziel PC eine bestimmte Powerpoint Folie gestartet wird, bzw. Skripts ausgeführt werden etc.

Leider funktioniert das nicht und ich wäre für eine detaillierte Dokumentation, wie ein Bome Netzwerk von PC zu PC zu konfigurieren ist, sehr dankbar.

Original Message Translation below:

Hello Support, I would like to set up a midi connection within my Bome network directly from PC to PC. I am sending Note On commands from my PC on which Notation Composer is running on a specific Midi channel and I would like to achieve that a specific PowerPoint slide is started on the target PC or scripts are executed etc. Unfortunately that doesn’t work and I would be very grateful for a detailed documentation on how to configure a Bome PC to PC network.

Response below:

Hi Kharl,

First of all, in order to use Bome Network from computer to computer, you need to purchase Bome Network Pro as the standard version only works between computer and BomeBox.

Once you activate Bome Network Pro, the computers should automatically discover each other. You may need to click ‘accept connection’ on one of the computers at first. YOu can just configure Bome Network to automatically accept connections from that computer.

There are a few ways to send MIDI between computers. Lets say they are name ‘Computer A’ and ‘Computer B’.

The first way is on ‘Computer A’ direct your output to ‘Computer B’. Then on the application on ‘Computer B’, select the MIDI Port ‘Computer A’ for input. Anything send from ‘Computer A’ to ‘Computer B’ will be seen on the network port ‘Computer A’ on your ‘Computer B’ device.

The second way is to use Remote Direct MIDI. On ‘Computer B’ if you click on the network connection of ‘Computer A’ you will see all attached MIDI controllers. You would turn on the controller switch for the device you want to access on ‘Computer B’. See picture below with the green switch on. Then you could open the port on ‘Computer A’ called ‘Computer B: Device Name’. This method allows you to target a specific port on the other computer.

Now that you have the input on ‘Computer B’ you should be able to use the MIDI coming from it. If you need to convert the MIDI signal to another MIDI signal or maybe keyboard or mouse action, you will need to install Bome MIDI Translator Pro on ‘Computer B’ and set it up to do the translation.

We ask that you post using English here in the future using the translation software of your choice.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz