ShuttleXpress to send program change messages to Renoise, via MT Pro

Hey there !
I’m trying out Bome MT Pro and I don’t really understand how the variables work, so I’d appreciate a little help with that. What i’d like to do is use my ShuttleXpress center wheel to send program change messages to Renoise, via MT, in order to easily scroll through VSTi presets. So far, I think I’ve figured out I’d have to create a preset with two translators, one for incrementing the program number, and another one to decrement it. Something like:

Translator 1 (‘PC increment’)
Incoming: Keystroke / Shortcut / ShiftControlAlt+M (for example)
Outgoing: Midi message / Program Change / Variable?

Translator 2 (‘PC decrement’)
Incoming: Keystroke / Shortcut / ShiftControlAlt+P
Outgoing: Midi message / Program Change / Variable?

Is this correct? ANd could you please tell me what variables I should use? Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Please find the attached. It this example I used the global variable ‘ga’ but you can use any available global variable. It cannot be a local variable. You can learn more about variables in the user manual found here. You can also get to it by pressing F1 from within Bome MIDI Translator Pro our selecting the help menu. It will open up as a PDF document. Variable discussion starts on page 87 of the current manual.

Here are the rules I used for PC increment:

ga=ga+1
if ga>127 then ga=0

And for PC decrement

ga=ga-1
if ga<0 then ga=127

For output we send the value of ga.

I set up my alias as follows. You may need to change it based on physical device or application you want to send your MIDI.

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

PC-Increment-Decrement-w-Keystrokes.bmtp (1.1 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Man, this is brilliant. Many thanks. I can see there’s going to be a steep learning curve, for me anyway, but I know I’m going to love this program. Banging.