Skip every other message?

Is there a rule I could write that would skip every other message sent from my encoder? The idea being to slow down the rate at which my knob turning affects the output key command. In this case shifting a loop range across my DAW… (I currently have to very delicately turn the knob to achieve on bar shift, and often I shift along two or three increments by accident)

Hi since you are talking about conversion to keystrokes, I have a few examples here. Both use a relative encoder and the same timer action.

The first one (Translator 0.0) just toggle the value of ga every time it sees a CC message. In this case I use a relative encoder where left is 7F,7E … and right is 01,02…
It triggers a one shot timer ‘Keystroke’ every other time it receives input. I think this is what you may be looking for

Tranlators 0.1 uses a relative encoder where right is 00x41, 0x42 … and left is 0x3F, 0x3E … .

Here I count the movement value and set the same timer but as a repeating timer, that sends the keystrokes. I put in a delay of 20ms between keystrokes. It will not produce less output, just delay the time it takes to send them. I don’t think that this is what you are looking for but left it in to give you other ideas if you need later.

The timer translators 0.2 and 0.3 send the actual keystrokes

Every-Other.bmtp (1.7 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

The first one is exactly what I was looking for Steve thanks. Ive applied that to a couple of my knobs and they are less sensitive now, makes it a lot easier to get where im going.

Thanks again!
Sty

1 Like