Splitting Up Midi Channels into Separate Virtual Midi Ports

Okay i’m gonna give this a try and report back ! I also left a comment on that tutorial you pointed out as your reply may help others. I guess the point i’m missing is : if I just opened up my bome project from windows desktop (before launching my DAW), why do I need a preset or a translator saying open project (or initialise/reset it)

Looking at your other tutorials, this procedure (init preset), doesnt seem to be present that often so i’m wondering why we would need this in some project and why not in others?

Thanks

EDIT :

So i’ve copied and paste your translator to my project (still without understanding whats going on regarding the project ini). I’ve tried disabling some translators and can confirm that it’s not working without.
You sir know what your talking about :wink: !
Only the keystroke.ini translator can be disable without affecting the midi channel change.

So here is my result :

Just want to verify if it’s normal behavior to have 8 entries in the log window for a single key press/release ?

Here is my project for reference
Nell PC KK + Ableton.bmtp (7.2 KB)

Thanks again!

The translator to set global variables will not trigger unless you define one. The current trigger in the translator that I set was looking for Perform ‘Init’ and taking out the other translators means nothing calls Perform ‘Init’ because the translator had that in the outgoing action.

As mentioned on the You Tube comment. Global variables unless initialized are always zero at project start so this may not be a problem, however it is still good practice to keep them documented in a central location as there are over 700 global variable you can use and it is easy to lose track of what is used and what is not.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

See this tutorial on defining the correct input and output port. You probably have multiple ports defined as input ports so each one is triggering.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Yes I had already watched that device selection tutorial pointed a couple of days ago in the conversation! Currently everything is set on default project port (on all level : project, preset and translator).

And only KK is selected with device aliase input and only BMT 2 in the output alias with DAW.
Everything else is ticked off

I’ve also tested using my roland keyboard instead of KK and I get the same entries.
To clarify : I get the firs 4 entries when pressing down the key, than the 4 others when releasing. It may just be how the log window present the data?

See what events you checked in the illustration below. Each event type you check will generate a line.

• Incoming can be any event, not only MIDI.

• Outgoing can be any event, not only MIDI.
    The above event will only show if a translator is triggered.

• MIDI IN , Will be triggered with any incoming MIDI event even if there is no translator triggered MIDI OUT, Will be triggered with any outgoing MIDI event, even if there is not translator triggered.

This way you can look for what MIDI events are happening with translators (the first two event types) and also all MIDI even if it doesn’t trigger a translator (IE MIDI Thru path events and non-handled MIDI events).

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thank you Steve, learned a great deal in this thread and will keep refering to it in the future!

Have a great week!

Glad to have helped!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care