SSL UF8 with Cubase 12

Hi, hope you’re well. Absolutely love what you’re doing with your software.

I just got an SSL UF8 which work as the Mackie control program in Cubase but would love to push the integration further

Would it be possible through your software to enable auto banking? (Selecting a channel in Cubase outside of the current 8 channels bank would trigger the UF8 to move to the correct bank)

Thanks a lot

Hi and welcome to the Bome Community!

I think this will largely be a function of what MIDI Cubase sends when you select a different track. I’ll check later today to see if sends anything that we could interpret as a message that we can send a Bank switch to the controller.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks a lot Steve!

OK, this is possible but will take some time which is beyond the scope of free support.

The attached project file provides a beginning example.

In Cubase you need to set up output for 4 banks (32 channels). I’m not sure if Cubase supports more than that so I just left it at that.

Here is how I set it up.

The translators look for any activity (3 byte message) and if there is activity on a certain bank, trigger the Bank Switch Timer.

Unfortunately at this time, the faders do not update to the values of the current bank and I’m actually not doing anything with the Controller (I’m using X-Touch Compact which is Mackie MCU compatiable)

In order to update faders and V-Pots, and button LED states, you will constantly need to monitor their values in global variables on all banks. The Bank Switch message should then refresh the controller with the new values for the currently selected bank.

It might be better to also send each bank on a different MIDI channel to Cubase (which I haven’t done yet) and then having MT Pro switch the routing to a different virtual port depending which Bank you are on.

I hope this helps.

Mackie-Auto-Bank Switch.bmtp (2.7 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks so much Steve, I’ve sent you an email for further development and prices as I know it will be more work. Thanks again