Stage Traxx Virtual MIDI Output & MIDI Port Assignment

When I enable the Virtual MIDI Output in Stage Traxx it does not show up in the MIDI Input>MIDI Port Assignments in the MIDI Port page. Is this normal and if not what can I do to do it?

Hi, you did not say what application you are trying to read MIDI input. Are you trying to send from Stage Traxx on your iPad to Bome Network to a computer or to BomeBox. If on a computer, what type of computer is it? Mac or Windows? What application on the receiving device are you trying to use to open an input port? Sorry for all of the questions but I’m really not sure what you are trying to do.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

I will reply with more details when I have a moment Thank you!

Sound good!

OK so here is what I am attempting to do. I don’t necessarily need to use the virtual MIDI out in Stage Traxx. Right now I am using the standard midi output port and have the BomeBox: BomeBox DIN selected. I am also using the Bome Network over WIFI. In general everything works as it should. Except for when I set up a translator in MIDI Translator Pro and send the file to the BomeBox. If I specify the or use default project ports to translate the MIDI from Stage Traxx on my iPad it does not recognize it . However when I run Stage Traxx on my MacBook Pro and use the virtual MIDI out it will. But I can not get my iPad to see the virtual MIDI out to show up in the MIDI Input>MIDI Port Assignments in the MIDI Port page. The bottom line is the only MIDI I can translate on the iPad is only from what is physically plugged into the MIDI in on the BomeBox. I would like it to also translate MIDI that is sent over the Bome Network WIFI. I hope this makes sense so you can help me. . . .
Thanks!
Joe

OK, so this is what I understand

iPad Running Stage Traxx → Bome Network Wireless → MacBook Pro Running Bome MIDI Translator → Bome Network → BomeBox → MIDI DIN

The above does not work as you cannot see the StageTraxx MIDI Port on your MacBook. If you want it to work, you will likely need to expose the Remote MIDI Direct Port to your Mac OS. This can be done in Bome Network Pro. By clicking the iPad connection and switching on the Remote MIDI Direct Port for StageTraxx. It should then show up on your Mac as your iPad name followed by a colon and the the portname for StageTraxx. For instancee

myiPAD:StageTraxx

Then that should be your input port in MT Pro

MacBook Pro Running Stage Traxx - > Bome MIDI Translator Pro → BomeBox - MIDI DIN

The above works

Forgive me if I’m dense and reading your description incorrectly.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Actually I can get it to work on my MacBook but not the iPad. Sorry I am trying to describe this the best that I can. When I set it up on the MacBook Pro and then I move the BMT translator file to the iPad it can not find the StageTraxx Virtual MIDI at the MIDI Input>MIDI Port Assignments in the MIDI Port page. This is on the BomeBox browser set up. When I do the drop down it is not an option. So it no longer works as it did on the MacBook Pro.

I assume you are moving your project file to the BomeBox and not the iPad since the iPad will not run MT Pro. I think this is what you meant

The BomeBox does not yet recognized Remote MIDI Direct Ports, however if there is a setting in your StageTraxx App to use CoreMIDI Port instead of a virtual port, you should be able to use thag port and then select the iPAD itself as your MIDI input device on your BomeBox. Anything coming out of your iPad to the iPad core MIDI port will be seen by the BomeBox.

There are plans to upgrade BomeBox firmware in the future to be able to see Remote MIDI Direct ports as the PC, Mac, and iOS devices currently do.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Correct

I think I tried this but I will do it again to make sure. . . . .

That would be awesome!

Thank you!
Joe

Tried it again and that did not work. . . .

I know little about Stage Traxx, however I opened the app and then opened a song and sent all notes off to my BomeBox network port. On my BomeBox, I routed the MIDI signal from my iPad to my PC and was able to see the all notes off sent, so I’m pretty sure it should work.

In Playback settings in Stage Traxx I turn on Virtual MIDI output

When I look at the defined outputs, I select BomeBox2 (the name of my BomeBox) only. I do not select BomeBox2:BomeBOX DIN.

At that point, on your BomeBox you should set you input alias StageTraxx to the name of your iPad and the output port to BomeBox DIN and it should work just fine. I just loaded an empty song on my iPad and tested by sending all-notes off. If all notes off works that mean MIDI is working. Your song itself should be sending whatever MIDI it sends.

Of course in Bome Network on your iPad you will need to connect to your BomeBox for this to work. In Stage Traxx you should be able to see your BomeBox ports. Again in my case I see BomeBox2 (which is the main network port) and BomeBox2:BomeBox DIN (which you do not want selected since you will be using your MT Pro file to translate prior to sending to your MIDI DIN port.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care