Steinberg CMC-FD + Bome Translator = generic MIDI-controller

Hi!
I’m newbie here, and this post is copied from the vi-control forum.

Yeah, this post is a little bit outdated — these wonderful controllers are no longer in production. But until I lost almost all my job as composer /arranger during this c’ovid time, I couldn’t find time for the final debugging of the scripts, for writing a manual, for translating it into English.

Briefly: with the help of Bome MIDI Translator Pro, the CMC-FD has been turned into a generic MIDI-controller. It now works with any DAW. It can send a couple of dozens of different Control Change messages, it can send PitchBend messages with extended functionality, it can emulate computer keyboard key strokes and the mouse wheel. After preliminary setup, the Bome MIDI Translator Pro runs in the background, almost all functionality can be reached from the controller itself.
Initially I wrote two different scripts with different functionality and used to run them on my two CMC-FD controllers. But later I found a way to combine both scripts into one, and now this script can work on two controllers as well as on a single one.

These scripts are distributed free of charge and “as is”. If you like them and use them a lot, I would be glad to receive a small donation.

There are three files in the archive:
— CMC-FD x2.bmtp (Bome Translator project)
— CMC-FD x2 Manual (English).pdf
— CMC-FD x2 Manual (Russian).pdf

Enjoy!

1 Like

Hi, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting this. I’m sure anyone that has a CMC-FD will find it useful!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

@dr-music Thanks for sharing! Incidentally, another user has just shared his MT Pro project file and documentation for translating a bunch of CMC devices to HUI messages – as understood by Pro Tools and most other DAWs:

It complements your project well, I think. In the spirit of keeping the CMC devices alive!

1 Like