Studio one to Premiere Pro

Hi Guys. Hope you’re all doing well.
My question is : How can I sync those two, Studio 1 being the master, Premiere Pro being the slave ?
I tried it all, to this very day, nothing worked.
It looks like Premiere Pro supports Mackie control, however it does not sync to any external MTC.
Is there a way to translate incoming MTC signals coming from Studio 1 to Mackie signals and send them to Premiere ?
Thank you guys

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Well the Mackie MCU protocol really has no implementation for MTC except maybe to update a given Mackie Controllers display. So with Premiere pro you will basically get functionality for faders, mute,solo,record arm,select, and pan. I don’t thing it does anything more than that.

What are you trying to Sync? Are you trying to sync video and sound data out to Studio One? Maybe you can elaborate more what you are trying to accomplish and I may have other ideas on how to achieve this.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve.
Well, I basically (but I might say ‘we’, as many people out there try to sync video and midi) need to work on midi and video at the same time.
To this very day there are no Video editors/compositing that support midi sequencing, so I need to be able to sync those 2 programs.
The mackie protocol allows more than basic transport features, as it allows timeline stamping as well, means if one can retrieve the received midi clock and translate it into Mackie specific time stamp, so the video editor cursor can position itself at the exact same timeframe of the daw, both programs can run simultaneously in a synchronized manner.
What do you think ?

You may want to check with Adobe, as I don’t think they support any timing related information. We can certainly route MIDI clock from MT Pro from any source to any destination, however we cannot control what the destination sees.

As far as I know the Mackie MCU supported by Premiere Pro is expecting commands from a Mackie control surface only. I’m not sure it recognizes MIDI clock at all, but I may be wrong so you need to check with Adobe on this.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I think we definitely need a new protocol, so we can propose companies an SDK of a tool they can interact with.
To this very day, there are no video editor which can handle midi composing, and unfortunately no means to correctly sync those two different kind of programs.
Thanks for your answer anyway.
Did you ever think implementing one ?

This type of API would have to be implemented by a Video Editor software development company. Any kind of MIDI control Bome MIDI Translator Pro could likely handle.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care