Support for Raw TCP (Making Rupert Neve RMPD8 & Pro Tools Work Together)

Hello, all.

I have 2x Rupert Neve RMPD8 8-Channel Dante Mic Preamps. I’d like to use BMT to enable two-way communication between them and Pro Tools.

Essentially: I’d like to trick Pro Tools into thinking it’s controlling 8 Avid PRE mic preamps when it’s really the 8 Rupert Neve preamps.

The Pro Tools side has been well documented here previously, and I’ve already used Wireshark to determine the RMPD8 is using raw TCP for control.

I made a module for our internal use for Companion which allows me to control the RMPD8s from a Streamdeck, so I have the gear’s side of things well documented. I simply need something to sit in between the two and allow them to “talk” to each other.

Does BMT support Raw TCP communication? It’s not immediately clear after reviewing the documentation. If not, is anyone aware of a product that can do this?

Kind thanks,

Jason Nelson

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Bome MIDI Translator does not directly support network protocols. You might be able to send MIDI data to Max or to pd~ to convert MIDI to network protocol. Bome MIDI Translator also supports serial communications so if you have an application that converts seria data to network protocol that would work.

Finally, BomeBox may be able to help as I believe the Allen and Heath Protocol is actually raw MIDI. You would use Bome Network to get the data into the BomeBox for conversion.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz