sysex message Delay between Buffers

here is a typical dump that I try to send to the XV5080 and on which the midex stumbles, unless i set delay between buffers1.zip (3.8 KB)

this dump is written through a virtual cable in midiox from the XV-edit control program. of course, it should be in real time, on the fly, not through a hard disk in the form of a file and midi-ox as it is now

Hi,
You can try this but Iā€™m not sure it will work as it is possible that a following SysEx message will overwrite the global variables of the previous SysEx message mid stream.

What I did:

• Evaluated the length of all SysEx Streams
  • Set up translators with global variables for each possible lenght.
  • Set up a delay of 20ms for each translator.

I think the issue is that say translator 1 delays 20 second and in the meantime translator 2 is receiving data (overwriting the variables of translator 1). Then translator 2 data may not be correct.

The only way I know that might possible fix this is that we alternate sets of global variable for each incoming action, but really not sure how to do that. I would use local variables but we only have 10 of those. Also an incoming trigger of any length should alternate between the 2 sets. The longest length is 174 (172 without start and end) and there are 360 total global variables to use. So I guess we have enough to alternate them (172x2=344)

Iā€™m just not sure how to trigger the switch between them. Maybe use the first 172 as input and then in rules, move them to the first 172 for output.

SysEx-Delay-2021-01-09.bmtp (5.2 KB)

Anyway, maybe this will give you some ideas on a workaround until such time your request to change MT Pro with delays has been implemented.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Doing a little more evaluation. It looks like there are even some longer SysEx messages.

Did I make it right?

In XV-edit - Midi In/Out - Bome Virtual port 1

It seems that I have achieved the execution of simple commands, Lightning runs through the Midi Bome in Event Monitor symbol

But as soon as I try to transfer that ill-fated dump - Midex hangs up and now Midi Bome hangs up intentionally

I didnā€™t quite understand what the numbers you posted in the second message

do I need to add ā€œAdd Translatorā€ from them?

There will still be no delays via thru paths and yes, you will need translators with the right pattern for each possible length of a SysEx message. The second posting just indicated other lengths that I found that had no translators. My guess is this solution will be only partially successful since again, one SysEx message may over write global variables that are still being processed by the previous SysEx message. Probably best to use an external app for now for processing these long messages and having that external app introduce the necessary delays.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

okay, we are waiting for the implementation of delays from your developers

Yes, unfortunately, I cannot provide a time line.

Another way worked. For transfer on the fly in realtime.

Slowing down the entire computer. Clock Modulation 12.5% Even the mouse barely crawls, but everything is correctly transmitted and does not hang

but this is, of course, torture, because even to press the send button you need patience - very slowly everything.

in general, the option is so for itself. Hope for your decision with delays

Again, this function is on the roadmap but we really donā€™t have any timelines. There are many other factors to consider to make sure it doesnā€™t break any other MT Pro functionality on PC, Mac and BomeBox.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care