Timestamps for events

I must be missing something but cant see a timestamp tool/util?

Im wanting to check the time diff between pedal down, then up. Im already using timers etc but this is a pre check whereby a very quick event should be treated as a terminator for the rest of the preset and also managing the following timers

Cheers

Hi, just check timestamp in the log window to see time stamps between events.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Sorry if I wasnt clear…I need to programatically compare them during execution…like old school :slight_smile:

So there is no way to do a simple timestamp comparison in rules?

Hi, the attached represents and example with setting a simple ms timestamp with 2 events.

At project start or a keystroke Control-Up we initialize the project and set all timer variables to 0 then start a repeating 1ms timer. The 1 ms timer simply increments the value of ga.

We use the value of g1 for handling time between event 1 and the value of g2 for handling the time between event g2. Any time I press note 64 I calculate the last time since it was pressed and the current timer and report the elapsed time in ms. This is event 1. For event 2 I do the same but this time I use the value of g2. I reset the value of g1 and g2 after reporting last elapsed time.

Here is an example log

1: 1.0:5 Elapsed time since last event 1 is 2468
2: 1.0:5 Elapsed time since last event 1 is 553
3: 1.1:5 Elapsed time since last event 2 is 3608
4: 1.1:5 Elapsed time since last event 2 is 709
5: 1.1:5 Elapsed time since last event 2 is 396
6: 1.1:5 Elapsed time since last event 2 is 224
7: 1.1:5 Elapsed time since last event 2 is 168
8: 1.0:5 Elapsed time since last event 1 is 2452
9: 1.0:5 Elapsed time since last event 1 is 242

I turn off all log event checkboxes as the timer incoming events will be quite high if I didn’t and the log would get quite cluttered.

For rules, see the rules in the translators called “Event 1” and “Event 2”

Event-Timestamp-2022-09-18.bmtp (2.3 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thanks Steve…Looking at it now

Umm its been a while but how you turn the filter on in the log window…cant remember but I can even see a mention in the manual??

Put “last” in the filter pattern to see only the log messages which have the word "last’ in the message.

Edit or maybe “Elapsed”.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

But there is no filter on options bar?

You must be running version 1.8.3. I think 1.8.4 or 1.9.0 is what you want. Otherwise, just turn of all check boxes in the Log and you should still see the log messages. Although they may have been implemented in 1.8.4 as well.

Steve

Strange as I used it heaps in the past